cockpit q

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Vogue
Match Winner

cockpit q

Post by Vogue »

ping value remains 0 on my cockpit, feel like i've asked a fix for this before but there ya go

Code: Select all

<Label camera="all" toggle="1" toggleSticky="false" toggleDefault="on">
	<Position x="0.65" y="-0.95" />
	<Size height="0.04" width="0.02" />
	<DataSet id="FPS">
		<AtomicData source="current_framerate" />
	</DataSet>
	<DataSet id="ping">
		<AtomicData source="current_ping" />
	</DataSet>
	<Face>
		<Table>
			<Row>
				<Cell>
					<GameData data="FPS" />
					<Text value=" FPS" />
				</Cell>
				<Cell>
					<Text value="/" />
				</Cell>
				<Cell>
					<GameData data="ping" />
					<Text value=" Ping" />
				</Cell>
			</Row>
		</Table>
	</Face>
</Label>
edit: new problem, help pls
Vogue wrote:
XzL.Smart wrote:I switched over to on of the versions that fman provides above(r1512), and it works perfectly on both computers now. That version also seems to be much more stable.
Alright, so I switched to this version but then when I try to use cockpits, I get this error:

(I do not get this error in v2069)
Attachments
2013-12-05_22-16-49_1.png
2013-11-30_11-39-36.png
Last edited by Vogue on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Re: cockpit q

Post by XzL.Smart »

setting viewport="all" in label, and field="source" in atomic data seemed to fix them problem on 1 of 2 computers for me. It worked on both computers for a day or so, then it went back to staying at 0 all the time on one computer even though I didn't change anything, weird... Anyways, it's worth a shot to try.

Code: Select all

<Label camera="all" viewport="all">
  <DataSet id="ping">
    <AtomicData field="source" source="current_ping"/>
  </DataSet>
  <face>
    <table>
      <Row>
        <Cell>
          <Text value="0x88cc88Ping0xffffff: "/>
          <GameData data="ping"/>
        </Cell>
      </Row>
    </table>
  </face>
</Label>
Here is my full cockpit in case you want to get a more in depth look for whatever reason.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

There was a bug with the current_ping data source, and a fix was committed in August.

You'll need to update your client. The snapshots on sourceforge haven't been updated—if you use Windows then someone will need to release a current build. OS X builds are available on my site.
fman23
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by fman23 »

I make Windows builds occasionally on my website at http://fkmclane.tk/armagetronad, but I no longer have that computer or Windows and so it hasn't been updated in a month or two. It is updated well past August and so should have the changes and I plan on installing Windows and continuing to update them soon.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'm on version z2069, was under the impression that's the latest build. Can anyone compile the current version for windows? Smart's method didn't fix the issue and it's pretty annoying not to constantly see your ping, meh.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

I switched over to on of the versions that fman provides above(r1512), and it works perfectly on both computers now. That version also seems to be much more stable.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

I'll try my best to compile the latest trunk asap

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

damn I'm fast: http://therealplayer1.com/ArmagetronAd.exe

Edit: turns out I uploaded the wrong (as in old) file. I'll upload the right one tomorrow when I get home

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Thanks in advance, AI.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

alright quick update:

because bazaar is probably... ok scratch that... for sure the worst verisoning system there is, I'm not able to download any files and therefore won't be able to compile the client any time soon, because tbh I cbb to deal with this piece of crap. However , if anyone would be willing to push the latest 0.4 and winlibs onto some git repo, I'll be glad to give it another try 8)

dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

fman23
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by fman23 »

Well, I've not had problems with bzr, but as dlh said, you can just download a snapshot. I do (greatly) prefer git to bzr (and every other vcs), but bzr isn't that terrible and you probably had some local changes or reason it wouldn't merge from launchpad.

I updated my build to the latest revision (r1525) and uploaded it to http://fkmclane.tk/armagetronad/builds/ ... -win32.exe. You can also go to http://fkmclane.tk/armagetronad/builds/ ... -win32.exe which will always link to the latest version I have built.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Ping doesn't work in previous versions either (for me), if someone could fix this somehow that'd be great.

for vz2069
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

You need at least 0.4_alpha_z2146 (which is bzr r1490). You can use one of the builds from fman23.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I did download one of his versions, initially the ping seems to work on the default cockpit--then I try to use one from the cockpits page on wiki or this one, and it goes back to the same problem. Anything I'm overlooking?