Command Help

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Command Help

Post by ConVicT »

I want to make my server impossible to close... What would the commands be?

I've been using:
CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE 0.4
CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP 0.2

...This seems to work, although, it starts new problems. If i were to try to grind the rim and then double bind back on myself (against the rim).......... It will be easier to show you.
If you think you can help, then please watch this.
Attachments
ArmagetronAdvancedDebugRecording.rar
(57.23 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Command Help

Post by Z-Man »

CYCLE_RUBBER_MIDADJUST 0
this would not make the 180 grind any closer, but still leave you with the problem that the gap detection won't work properly on the sharp end. So:
CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY 1
CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY_BONUS 0
along with sensible CYCLE_DELAY simply makes you splat if you do a 180 or adjust.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

It seems like that just serves to stop people from performing a 180, which is not my aim.
What I was wondering is that, is there any setting that would allow me to pass a grind that someone has used to try and close me, for example, I'm fighting someone and they get in front and use 8 rubber on the wall ahead of me, I want a setting that would allow me to then still pass that close with zero or little rubber at all, thus nullifying the effects of closing completely.
When I played in the server "Happy Fun Time", there was a system in place that achieved this, If someone had used 49 rubber (50 was the server max), I would still be able to pass with just 1 rubber if I wanted to, and it is these settings I want to replicate in my own server. It's fine telling people on the MOTD that closing is prohibited, and taking action when this rule is not heeded, but I would rather have something that makes closing pretty much impossible, and not just illegal, thus eliminating lots of closing based headaches my moderators have to put up with, and ensuring they can spend more time doing what they're there to do, which is to have fun.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm a bit confused now because the thing demonstrated in the recording does not match the description from your last post, but did you test the first option? That should ensure you can always outgrind an adjust and always outgrind a 180 you would otherwise crash into.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Nonsense post from me when I was a noob and not helpful at all. :D