Armagetron Alpha 0.4 - settings_visual.cfg

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Armagetron Alpha 0.4 - settings_visual.cfg

Post by zion »

Hi all,

because of some unknown reasons I was looking for a newer arma version than the one I had installed recently (alpha 0.4 z1952). That version suddenly forced close when contacting the master server. I checked everything even stopped my network protection from working, just to make sure the problem is not located there.
Then I found arma alpha 0.4 z2069 on sourceforge and installed it. Everything is fine now. Arma is starting and even displaying the master server list.
But it seems some seetings according to camera view (smart cam) have been changed in this version. And even the autoexec.cfg I am using wasn't solving this issue. So I started taking a closer looks to the settings and especially to the settings_visual.cfg. In the end I am satisfied with the new settings now, but one little setting keeps bothering me and I am not able to locate the value for it.
I try to explain the ingame situation:
When I am tunneling the camera zooms out of the scenery and it is quite hard to get the exact moment to split. All I can do is guessing when to split, like doing it blindfolded- not very helpful in most cases.

Does anyone knows what I mean? And more important: Does anyone knows the value for that setting?

I deleted my autoexec.cfg to avoid any trouble within the settings. Nothing happened.
I changed camera settings back to old ones (even glance). Nothing happened.
I am not sure whether this is some kind of auto glance setting or if it is something related to the cycle speed.

System:
Armagetron Advance Alpha 0.4 z2069
Camera View:
Smart Camera

zion...

...would be glad about any kind of help.
Last edited by zion on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Armagetron Alpha 0.4 - settings_visual.cfg

Post by Light »

You may have better luck if you rename your user config file, then allow a new one to be made by the client and compare. I'm not sure if that setting would be saved there, but it's worth a shot. Maybe see if it fixes the problem to use the default settings after the config is made, then you will know for sure if it's in there or not. If it is, you can use diff to check what is different in the camera settings.

If you don't have an autoexec file, and haven't changed the others, I can't really think of where your problem may be other than that user config.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

For the custom camera there is

Code: Select all

CAMERA_CUSTOM_BACK_FROMSPEED # This value is multiplied with the current speed and added to CAMERA_CUSTOM_BACK.
But I don't know for smart cam.
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Thanks for your fast replies, guys.
Light: Good idea! I realized I had two user.cfg's (new arma version creates a user.cfg in \users\appdata\roaming\armagetron experimental\config).
I deleted both (made a backup for sure) and edited basic settings. Seems to work. I will test ingame and report.

zion...

...is excited.
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Wicked! :)
It looks like settings worked against each other in my case. Now that I have a new user.cfg everything is back to normal. I can't tell if it is the new user.cfg or the fact I have only one of them now, but whatever! :)

Thanks for your suggestions! You made my day!

zion...

...going with the dog now!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

zion wrote:Wicked! :)
It looks like settings worked against each other in my case. Now that I have a new user.cfg everything is back to normal. I can't tell if it is the new user.cfg or the fact I have only one of them now, but whatever! :)

Thanks for your suggestions! You made my day!

zion...

...going with the dog now!
Having two doesn't affect anything. The older clients read the config from %appdata%/armagetronad and the new from %appdata%/armagetronad-experimental or something like that. I haven't seen the Windows setup for a while so sorry if it's a tad wrong. If you try to use the older client again in the future, you may want to put your config file back where it was so it can read it.

Glad ya got it to work. :)
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Another tiny thing, which I wasn't able to locate is where to disable center messages giving hints on how to do something.
For example: "Press q (personal bind) to take a look to the left side."

And also: Master list is not showing amount of players being on servers, but telling me that experience may be required. Is there a way to change that on the clientside?

Thanks

zion
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

This post will help you with that.
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Thanks, Jip. Explained everything to me.