map crashes 0.4

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

map crashes 0.4

Post by XzL.Smart »

This map is crashing everyone that runs a 0.4 client that comes on to my server.

Here's the map:
http://209.236.124.135/maps/smart/maps/ ... .aamap.xml

Here's the DTD I use:
http://209.236.124.135/maps/smart/maps/sty.dtd
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: map crashes 0.4

Post by AI-team »

what's the name of the server?

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ever since i got that version, there is a map in Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress that always fails for me (i don't know which one)
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

It's called 'Advanced Racing |Timer|Queue|Records|'

If you want to go in there and test it, you will need to log into your forums(ai-team), type /q add TestMap then type /q start

It doesnt always happen right away, so you may need /q add TestMap a few times.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Alright, also crashes for me. I'm starting my debug version to see where it crashes

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

ConVicT wrote:Ever since i got that version, there is a map in Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress that always fails for me (i don't know which one)
Figure it out if you can, I've yet to have a problem when running the latest 0.4

also tried that map locally with no problem.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The DTD path is the most likely source of the problem, though I can't see why 0.2.8 would not complain about it as well. DTDs are only downloaded from the main repository, AFAIK. You need to set it to something like AATeam/map-0.2.8.0_pig2.dtd.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

It works fine for 180+ other maps, so that's not the problem.
kyle

Post by kyle »

if RESOURCE_REPOSITORY_[SERVER | CLIENT] is set correctly with the / at the end and the dtd is in that repository it will fetch the DTD from that location. But if you use MAP_FILE Ekzander/maps/UnrealTournament-5.0.5.aamap.xml(http://209.236.124.135/maps/smart/maps/ ... .aamap.xml) It won't download it correctly.

But while on the DTD topic just to be safe, could you add my 2 sty+ct dtd's to the official repository http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/ct/m ... +ct-r1.dtd and http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/ct/m ... sty+ct.dtd

The main differences from the normal sty DTD is
map-0.2.8.3.1_sty+ct.dtd has subspawns
map-0.2.8.3.1_sty+ct-r1.dtd has subspawns and a sumo zone type

@XzL.Smart have you changed that DTD at any time?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Just to clarify. Is what "XzL.Smart" posted at the beginning, to do with ctwf maps?
If it has then him nor me is the first player to ask why it crashed for them when iv'e been playing

I read "Why did i get map load failure" from at least one player, just before i'm about to press enter, with the exact same question a lot lately. just us select few? lol
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Really? I thought DTDs were holy and would only be fetched from the main repository to avoid collisions.
Which leads to the next potential problem: If I was wrong above, a different, incompatible DTD with the same name may already exist on the client. The full error message the client spits out would be helpful, then. I tested it with the correct DTD in place and it worked fine.
kyle

Post by kyle »

yes, if it did not work like that CTWF whould have been screwed a while ago. Even pigsty's hacks would not work correctly in his initial develupment. But that is also a problem with maps, you can have conflicting maps from differnt sources also. Wonder if there could be some sort of ID system for differnt repositories used. For instance as simple (I know implementation would not be simple) as making a file with resource repositories and assigning a number to them, then use that number assigned as a directory in the resource folder.

@ConVicT, what XzL.Smart posted about is not related to CTWF at all, I know I've heard of others with problems on some maps also, but the maps tend to be different for people. For instance one person had a problem because they had software blocking te internet after some time, so the map that got downloaded was a page for that internet blocker.