Armagetron Crash

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Fate
Average Program

Armagetron Crash

Post by Fate »

Alright so today when i was playing armagetron at school I went to load the master server in the midst of Loading the master server my tron froze and eventually crashed, which hasn't happened to me since I played on a PC. Anyways so I went to relaunch armagetron and all i got was gray and white rectangles that still enabled me to navigate through tron menu's blindly. I then restarted my computer didn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled armagetron didn't work, uninstalled and installed a different version of armagetron and didn't work. Voodoo told me to do a directory using finder into my application support folder but the armagetron folder was no where to be found. So i'm lost and hopeless and can't play tron :( Please Help! I run on a Macbook pro with OSX Mountain Lion 10.7.5.

The Image below is what my client looks like when i run it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 5.06.18 PM.png
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Armagetron Crash

Post by Phytotron »

Exact same screenshot (both Macs, even), but two years old so I don't know if the solution holds true: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 49&t=20025

A similar screenshot from recently, but don't know if it's the same thing: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 49&t=22780
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Game looks fine to me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 5.06.18 PM.png
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Heh, great. I found those two posts by searching my own for "atari."

Oh...
Fate wrote:uninstalled and reinstalled armagetron didn't work
Usually doesn't on OSX (indeed, as you've surely noticed, there's oftentimes not an actual "installation" process with OSX applications). That's more a Windows all-purpose troubleshoot. In order to completely "uninstall and reinstall" Arma under OSX, you'd not only delete the application package, but also the support files. Which leads to the next bit.
Voodoo told me to do a directory using finder into my application support folder but the armagetron folder was no where to be found.
That's strange. Are you sure you navigated to the correct directory? Should be ~/Library/Application Support/Armagetron Advanced/

To devs: Is there any difference here between Admin and other user accounts?
i was playing armagetron at school
Don't play video games at school!
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Phytotron wrote:Should be ~/Library/Application Support/Armagetron Advanced/
Where ~ means to start in your home folder, not the root of your startup volume.
Phytotron wrote:To devs: Is there any difference here between Admin and other user accounts?
Not that I know of. Very unlikely, too.

Did a sine wave just make two triangle waves? Some new physics going on here.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

I can't find the folder...... if anyone has skype i could do the share screen feature and someone could instruct me on how to fix it?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 7.48.16 PM.png
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Speculation: I don't know about arma specifically, but do you have bootcamp installed? I know of at least two incidents where userdata has been stored on the windows partition in the native windows directory as a result of some kind of bug in the latest OSX.
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

no i don't have bootcamp or parallels, i fixed it tho, i just used terminal and unix commands to find it then remove it all good thanks for all the help guys much appreciated :)
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

You didn't go to the one in your home folder, did you? Note that somewhere between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion, Apple made the Library folder in your home folder invisible. It will show up if you use Go → Go to Folder… ⇧⌘G and type “~/Library”. I forgot for a moment.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

Jonathan wrote:You didn't go to the one in your home folder, did you? Note that somewhere between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion, Apple made the Library folder in your home folder invisible. It will show up if you use Go → Go to Folder… ⇧⌘G and type “~/Library”. I forgot for a moment.
Ya my dad realized that and told me to use terminal. they're invisible by default but there's a command you can use in terminal so that its no longer invisible which i used so if it ever happens again i can just go straight to it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Jonathan wrote:Note that somewhere between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion, Apple made the Library folder in your home folder invisible.
Eh, wut? Why dey do dat? I need to go take a look at Mountain Lion.
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

I run on Lion >.<
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

gazelle-picture.jpg
I RUN FROM LION.