Fortress/hide+seek/instazone/maze

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
delinquent
Match Winner

Fortress/hide+seek/instazone/maze

Post by delinquent »

Ok, so I had an idea from ctwf, and I want to make a couple of changes.
The idea is to have a size 10 grid, and fill it with secret passages, random zones etc. There will also be a hidden zone, one that you have to grind against a certain wall to get to, that wins not only the round, but doubles the conquerors points for the next three rounds.

The points system is as follows:

Core dumping: 5
zone conquer: 1
win zone conquer: 20 + double points for next three rounds
suicide: -5
killed: -1

Team points are inclusive of all the players points, PLUS:
20 points per round won
100 points for winzone

The matches would ideally be made up of 20 rounds.

Back to my original question though, How would I go about setting up the zones to fall randomly each time? and how would I go about setting up the player spawn points to be randomised at least a certain distance fom each other?

Also, can one host maps on one of those free host websites (i.e. webs.com)?
x<*23

Re: Fortress/hide+seek/instazone/maze

Post by x<*23 »

I don´t think that anyone will build you such a complex map. The only way to create all this randomly chanching things is a script, for example in PHP. You should invest some time and try to learn or at least understand it a little bit...

i can give you a link with an example

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... The_Script

bu perhaps you are a very lucky person and some friendly people will help you ;) :)
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

No need for having the map built for me, that I can do (i think), it's more a question of building a random engine into the server. I want to make the positions that zones appear and players spawn be chosen at random (or as close to as possible) within certain constraints - i.e. opposing teams should not spawn next to each other, neither ext to opposing zones. The only other question I have is runnin git on webs, although I'm guessing that answer is no. I'll try the php scripting, although I was expecting something like py or pure unix. Ty anyway, I'll post some updats on the forum soon.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

You don't have to use php, you could use py or bash scripting. The original incarnation of the CT Wild Fortress was done with bash scripting and the current Wild West Wild Fortress and Fortress Shootout servers are done entirely with bash scripting.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Ty gene, I'll bear that in mind.

Fman: I don't know your username on here but if you read this could you get back to me about a server? Drop me a PM and I'll skype you or something, cheers