Text color problems

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
NinjaMAIN

Text color problems

Post by NinjaMAIN »

NinjaMAIN here :moustache: I accidentally reset my system changes to default and now when i text,(my color is gray) it shows a white background >_< . It showed the gray perfectaly before i messed it up. If u can tell me what i did wrong thx. :mrgreen: :moustache:
Moofie
Core Dumper

Re: Text color problems

Post by Moofie »

What gray... in game? The default is the yellow... you've confused me.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

I think he means that his username or something else suddenly has a white background to it.
The white background is applied when the text color is too dark; because you otherwise wouldn't be able to read the text (at least with the default floor and coloring).
The text showing up with the background is too dark. Simply make it a little brighter ;) (just tried out; darkest shades of gray not backgrounded by default: 7/7/8 in player color and 0x808080 in chat messages)
Wik
Average Program

Post by Wik »

Are you looking for font_min_r, font_min_g, font_min_b, font_min_total? (value range 0 - 1)
A white background is rendered behind text displays if the text color is darker than the color given here. Either every color component needs to be lower than the one given, or the sum needs to be lower than the given sum.
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

Oh, probably vov. And Wik, you've also confused me... I think R11 G11 B11 are about the grayest gray bike you can get with your name not being white. You probably just accidently switched one of em up a notch(you know, how you change your color in Player 1 settings)
NinjaMAIN

Nvm Its fixed

Post by NinjaMAIN »

:goatee: It just fixed itself randomly ..... :P .hmmmm, but thx anyway\
oh yea i was talking about the username......it was gray......
:moustache: