Bypass cache?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
dukevin
Round Winner

Bypass cache?

Post by dukevin »

I have some cfg files I RINCLUDE which I update once in a while, however, it seems that once it is included, it is stored in some sort of cache and not redownloaded. Where can I find this cache (it's different than the map xml cache it seems)?

Is there a setting I can set so that the cfg file is downloaded every time it is included so that it is always updated? (I don't want to have to rename the cfg file every time as it is included across multiple servers)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Bypass cache?

Post by Z-Man »

dukevin wrote:(it's different than the map xml cache it seems)?
It is the same. And there is no way to force downloading RINCLUDES or other resources at the moment, you'll have to clear the cache.
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

So if I have two users in my server and one of them has an outdated version of the cfg file in their cache, if that person rincludes, the server downloads it from his cache and it applys the outdated one? Same visa-vera?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

No. If there's an outdated version in the cache, whoever has it is going to use it. I somehow get the feeling you're abusing the feature. What exactly are you doing? Clients shouldn't be doing RINCLUDES on server order at all.
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

I was using it to synchronize a list of logins across multiple vps's and servers. Instead of going into the server config and updating 10 different lists, I thought RINCLUDING it meant I only had to maintain one list of logins.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ah, that's a fine use. Just adapt the script running the servers to delete the relevant .cfg files in the cache between server restarts, and set dedicated_idle so the restarts happen often enough.
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

Z-Man wrote:Ah, that's a fine use. Just adapt the script running the servers to delete the relevant .cfg files in the cache between server restarts, and set dedicated_idle so the restarts happen often enough.
So is the cache located on the client's computer or on the server?
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Only on the server
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

kyle wrote:Only on the server
What linux directory? Can't seem to find it
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Depends on how you run the server. It's in our 'userdata' directory (/var/games/armagetronad/ if you're using our init scripts, ~/.armagetronad of the user running the server if you start it by running 'armagetronad' in some script or simply the current directory if you're using 'make run' in the build directory) and the 'resource/automatic' subdirectory thereof.
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

This is by design. Resources are supposed to never change. Someone (maybe me?) wrote a draft for a "LATEST" version redirector on Launchpad a while back, but I don't think it is usable...
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

Thank you for your help z-man, I modified the starter script and it worked perfectly