help us build a highrubber server

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
RYON
Average Program

help us build a highrubber server

Post by RYON »

so our `:vZ•highrubber server is wack. our hr division likes dbdhighrubber minus the bugs but if we can make it kinda like that it would be sick. i like how the speed seems to max out. if someone could paste the settings here or come talk to us at http://vztron.darkbb.com that would be awsome. our other divisions have their servers working well, but our hr is fuckerd. thnx

p.s. there are no good hr servers
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: help us build a highrubber server

Post by Jonathan »

RYON wrote:there are no good hr servers
Any further questions?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

re-arrange it:

there are no good hr servers

-->

hr servers are no good (+there?)
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

RYON, you stepped into the wrong forum. Only fortress and sumo nuts here.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cosmic Dolphin wrote:Only skilled players who don't need a crutch here.
Fixed.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

sinewav wrote:

and Phytotron
Fixed.
Fixed
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

The"fortress and sumo nuts" around seem to underestimate the thrills of a high-rubber server. It all depends on who's playing there. /me likes Spacezone III (provided at least one appropriate player is there).
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

our hr division likes dbdhighrubber minus the bugs
i like arma forums minus the idiots
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

syllabear wrote:
sinewav wrote:

and Phytotron
Fixed.
Fixed
Excuse me?
RYON
Average Program

Post by RYON »

well i guess you guys dont understand hr. thnx for the help
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:roll:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

We understand it quite well. Rubber was intended only to compensate for network latency. It was not intended to be used as a gameplay feature, let alone be considered a so-called "game mode" or this "division" silliness. High rubber (anything > 5) servers are an abuse of the setting, and of gameplay itself. There are no good 'hr' servers because 'hr' servers are no good.
RYON
Average Program

Post by RYON »

that was enlightening... pff, anyway, i like hr. the highrubber is what allows me to do certain techniques and tricks, and timing moves, and theres just alot to it. loose and df is good to practice, some of those skills are an aspect of hr but theres alot more to hr than just that aspect. can we just get back to the topic? i understand you guys think its for noobs. ok, we are noobs, you are much better at this game then us. are you feeling better?...hmm? you are good. your very good, we suck and you are good... How bout now, you feeling better now? your somebody, your special. your not a nerd, your cool. women like you, your not ugly.
back to the topic. if anyone else knows some hr settings, and is down to help us out contact our hr division at http://vztron.darkbb.com or post the setting here. thnx
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

I used to help Jack in running the ZenTH HR server(s) and the entire cfg is saved on my old computer. I wonder if I can retrieve those settings soon.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Nobody wants to get into the age-old argument of low rubber vs. high rubber–there's already enough on this forum to fill a book.
However, using elements of Armagetron for other purposes is essentially what makes this game so unique. Being able to create new servers, styles, and moves that aren't preprogrammed is what sets it apart. If you want to be video game purist, it probably wouldn't be too hard to set the limit for rubber to five. But that wouldn't be any fun! And besides, if high rubber takes no skill, I welcome any of you to give me your best shot.

@RYON: You could probably ask Pathetique for a copy of server settings if you really wanted to; I think I lost my copy since we created it. You should probably try to create your own settings for your server though. Nobody likes copies of the same server under different names. Something new and different might help your server stand out.