timer hickups

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
nsh22
Round Winner

timer hickups

Post by nsh22 »

ok, sometimes when i am playing, i get random timer hickups (around 16 seconds on average).
what does this mean and how/can I fix it?
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Re: timer hickups

Post by AI Teâm »

I get this sometimes as well.
If im right it also says sometimes about my clock jumping or staying at the same time for some seconds , not sure.
But I think it is just simple lag?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You mean, timer hickups every 16 seconds or timer hickups of the size 16 seconds? Either way, they're caused by your system clock jumping around. There's two known causes: a) AMD Multicore CPUs timer differs from CPU to CPU, upgrading Arma to a 0.2.8.3_beta works around that, and b) your realtime clock getting adjusted by the system from internet queries.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thanks for the explanation, Z-man. I have been getting that on my AMD multi-core system. But, only on that computer.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

Z-Man wrote:You mean, timer hickups every 16 seconds or timer hickups of the size 16 seconds? Either way, they're caused by your system clock jumping around. There's two known causes: a) AMD Multicore CPUs timer differs from CPU to CPU, upgrading Arma to a 0.2.8.3_beta works around that, and b) your realtime clock getting adjusted by the system from internet queries.
the size was 16 seconds, and it happened when i used the beta...
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, then it's b, and we really can't do much about it. There's no measurable difference between a clock adjustment and a really bad performance problem hitting one frame only (say, the user opening 20 browser tabs at once). The only thing arma can do is warn you, and it does that.