Armagetron graphics mess up

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Wandering Scripter

Armagetron graphics mess up

Post by Wandering Scripter »

This is a odd error that is becoming quite troublesome, I am on Ubuntu Linux 9.04(jaunty) and installed the game from command line.

I have a Intel Pentium Dual Core. 1.0 GB of ram, 1.73 GHz cpu, and I believe that my graphics is by intel as well, but I'm not sure how to check about that.

Shortly after starting the game, all text appears to mess up, as shown in the screenshot I took, but if I move the window or change the resolution, then it fixes. This error also happens to me with other games such as America's Army.

Screenshot:
taco343
Average Program

Re: Armagetron graphics mess up

Post by taco343 »

I had the same excact problem when I tried to run Arma right after a fresh install of Jaunty, so I just decided to stick with Hardy. I also have a Intel graphics card, and you can check what graphic card you have by running a Hardware Test or going to: Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal and typing

Code: Select all

lspci or lshw
taco343
Average Program

Post by taco343 »

~Edit~

Sorry, accidental double post.
Wandering Scripter

Post by Wandering Scripter »

Thanks, any way to downgrade without a fresh install?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The only thing you need to downgrade is the intel driver, it's been bugged lately for some chipsets. Another thing you can try first is to disable fancy 3d desktop effects, they sometimes interfere with arma as well.