Basically, I'm dumb

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Ace

Basically, I'm dumb

Post by Ace »

Being the dumb person that I am, I saw the config files and thought "sweet, i can make the game awesome," scrolled past the autoexec.cfg file warning, and went straight to editing. I know this is a dumb question, but is there an easy way to get back my original config files without re-installing Armagetron or otherwise deleting the rest of my Armagetron files?

If not I could re-install, but i have some cool textures and other changes I made that I'm not really sure how to keep.

Thanks, and sorry for being an idiot.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Would have helped to know the version of arma you're using, I'll assume a 0.2.8 release.

Anyways, for any version ≥0.2.8 but <0.3.0 the file in SVN should work. Read the warning while copying the contents :)
There's no place like ::1
Loor
Average Program

Post by Loor »

I don't think it matters that you edited it except that when you upgrade you'll have to re-config arma. And you cant get back to the default. I don't think it does any real damage.
Ace

Post by Ace »

I'm using release 2.8.2. The reason I want to go back to default is that I'm not sure of all the settings I've changed in the settings.cfg file and want to go back to default, but only for that one file. Thanks for the SVN file link, I'll check that out now.
Ace

Post by Ace »

Thanks, wrtlprnft, worked perfectly. I just save the autoexec.cfg file in the config folder (I use windows), right?
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

just save it in the same dir as all the other config files, so yeah :)
There's no place like ::1
Ace

Post by Ace »

Thanks