Lag or not...

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
ZACARIAZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Lag or not...

Post by ZACARIAZ »

You only have to be around ona server before people begins to complain about lag, wich i fully understand (i´m newbie), but thats not realy what i want to talk about.
I was wondering if it would be posible to make a kind of guide to the setup of the game, good thingts, bad thing, hint, ect.
The reason i ask is ofcourse that it is my experince that you can kill alot of the "BUGS", if you know how to setupo your system.
I have tryed by my self, with some results, but there is still alot i dont know how to deal with.

Well, it´s jusn an idea... :wink:
Bye for now...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

That would be a good idea... We actually really need to rewrite the documentation from the ground up... The issue is that we're a bunch of lazy sods too... Well, some of us are, well... I am... Sort of... It'll happen eventually... A year, tops...
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

a very good Q.

- kill all program processes that require any kind of CPU cycles, such as virus software, IM services, winamp, etc.

- go thru your graphics settings and scale everything down to as bare minimum as possible, unless manuel's notes suggest that "this option does not take up any extra FPS's"

- go thru all other options and turn off as many features as possible, for example, sky, high walls, sparks, etc. again, pay close attention to the notes manuel includes on every step.

- go into network settings and adjust your I/O til it matches your connection settings.

- for somewhat better FPS (my experience), do not use arma-ad, use manuel's last release.

note what kind of FPS you get, and then try adding back some options to see what you can improve without sacrificing any FPS.
ZACARIAZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ZACARIAZ »

Well, thank you for the help, allthough ai have one last question.
I have BIGTIME problem with these so called "wall bugs", you make a 180 against a wall, but it turns the wrong way.
Is there anything i can do to sort that out? I know that i´m not the only one, but other people dosnt seem to have as big a problem with it as I.
once again thanks... :D
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Try not to hit the turn button so fast, or if you have to hit it fast, tap your brake button over and over fast and turn while tapping it, stop tappign it after you turn. Works for me. Although thats how you rip to, so be carefull.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Zapple wrote:Although thats how you rip to, so be carefull.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...no. thx for the hint ZAPPLE :roll:
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

???
ZACARIAZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ZACARIAZ »

Well, thanks again, i´ll try that... :D