Hello world & bluematrix moviepack

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Emollient

Hello world & bluematrix moviepack

Post by Emollient »

Hi there,

Third day on the grid, I love this game. I wanted to thank the dev team, so thanks! Arma is perfect. Only problem is... it's too addictive obviously.

Also, I made a little blue matrix/tron mix-themed moviepack hack, here:
http://solipsoth.free.fr/bluematrixtheme.zip

CU on the grid ;)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Hello world & bluematrix moviepack

Post by ConVicT »

Welcome to Armagetron :D
What server have you started with?
Emollient

Post by Emollient »

I've started with submarines, dbd high rubber, fasttrack... I haven't tried sumo games yet, but I think I'll like it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Please attach the file to the forum directly. Off-site links can be sketchy, to say the least. They can also go dead.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Phyto, I have a few and din't know I was allowed to do that. I've been just givin' them to friends and players who asked, I will upload mine soon.
Quite busy having a party jst now, (I'm literally being dragged away from the laptop) if you could provide exatly where to put moviepacks I'd be greatfull.........ahhhhhh (me being dragged away)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:...if you could provide exatly where to put moviepacks I'd be greatfull...
I suggest making a thread in this forum (Board index -> Armagetron Add-Ons -> Graphical) and post them there. Take a look at mine: sine.wav - various graphical It has several complete moviepacks and a few miscellaneous textures/cycles/etc...

If you have something outstanding and it gets a lot of positive feedback you might consider cross-linking it to the moviepacks page on the wiki.
Emollient

Post by Emollient »

I couldn't attach it to this post. Uploading doesn't work today. I'll try again later.

About moviepacks, I think they could be distributed with the game, even when they're very close to the movie, because:
- Nobody's making money out of Arma, and
- Disney's not loosing money because of Arma. It's just free ads.

Also, switching graphism from inside the game would be nice!