Moviepackathingy

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
vov
Match Winner

Re: Moviepackathingy

Post by vov »

Bytes wrote:Could you repost just the floor texture with the squares perhaps in red? Most fort servers use blue and yellow so a neutral colour would be best to see tails.
Here's a desaturated (grey) one, you can use that one and adjust the color yourself via moviepack_floor_red/green/blue (write your values into moviepack/settings.cfg for permanent results).
Attachments
floor.png
(6.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Thanks Bytes! If you're too lazy to do what vov suggested, you can just use this.
floor.png
(10.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If the cycle walls are a bit too hard to see, you can use this other one that I considered using. I just felt the one I put in the moviepack looked a bit more like those in the movie.
dir_wall.png
dir_wall.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Nanu Nanu wrote:
Phytotron wrote:What I'm wondering is when you're going to come out with a Mork and Mindy moviepack.
That's not a bad idea. Who wouldn't want to play Arma with lots of pictures of Robin Williams covering the walls?
That's not how I'd do it.

Cycle model - The egg spaceship, of course.
Cycle wall - Rainbow, a la the suspenders.
Rim walls - Made to resemble that multi-colored shirt he wore—not with a shirt design, but incorporating the colors in a similar pattern filling the square. Since he had a few variations on that, I might would make it moviepack rim walls with four of the different patterns. (Just google image search "Mork" to get a reminder of those variations.) There's also the orange and black (dark green?) striped shirt, but that's boring.

Then you'd have to incorporate his red uniform with the silver triangle somehow. Either an alternate rim texture, or a floor tile. Or possibly the sky. Although, either the sky and/or floor could be left black as an allusion to the setting when he'd report to Orson.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Damn right I'm too lazy!
Thank you very much :) That's much better!
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I'll give that other wall a try but the one on atm is perfectly good. No impact on FPS so make sure you give this a try!

My only concern is the rim walls can be difficult to see on servers such as CTWF. I didn't get a chance to go on CTWF yesterday so I'll have to see if I can use it after a longer test.
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

nice work nanu :) really cool!
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.