Hardcoded coordinates of wheels in the .mod format

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Hardcoded coordinates of wheels in the .mod format

Post by Lackadaisical »

Z-man wrote:That's all because of the limits of the .mod format. It doesn't support double sided triangles, texture coordinates or anything, and the wheel axis locations are hardcoded.
Can anyone tell me what the hardcoded coordinates for the front/back wheels are?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Hardcoded coordinates of wheels in the .mod format

Post by Jonathan »

The texture is just stretched onto the minimum bounding rectangle seen from the side, for all .mod objects.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Thanks, I expected that, but what i really wanted to know is how to move from the coordinate system of the cycle_body.mod to the ones in cycle_front.mod and cycle_back.mod (they don't use the same coordinate system do they?) and how they all relate to the actual point where the cycle is.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Oh, wait, I was thinking texture coordinates. The code I have here says the front wheel is translated by (1.84, 0, 0.43), and the rear wheel is translated by (0, 0, 0.73). The z coordinate is also the implicit radius used to spin the wheel. The entire assembly is moved back by 1.5 and scaled down by a factor of two, but that doesn't affect alignment.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn