Texture files

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Re: Texture files

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Okay this is starting to piss me off, it is not me period.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:Figures that conspiracy nuts are bad at basic probability theory and statistics. Chances that another one of you registers an account, praises your work, agrees with you in a similar style as your own posts are pretty slim. And Phytotron wouldn't be able to write in that style if he tried. His frontal lobes would wind around, burst out of his ears and strangulate him before he even finishes the first sentence.
Har. Not to mention the fact I wouldn't even know how to use a proxy if I wanted to, whereas fixit has shown an abundant willingness to do just that.

Then again, maybe I'm just saying that to mislead you and throw you off my trail! Maybe the way I ordinarily type on these forums is an act, and I really do know how to use a proxy, and half the people I get in arguments with are really me! But then, that would be stupid for me to say out-loud. But maybe that's exactly why I said it! Maybe I know that you know that I know you know I know you know that I know that you know that I know you know I know you know that I know that you know that!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

:lol:

Wait 'til I get going! Where was I? Ah yes. You forget—I'm driving the Vesuvia!
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

I need a little bit of inspiration for a new texture file and so I will take whatever you, the community, suggests I do. Loss of inspiration has me a little blocked as far as creativity goes though I would like to continue to contribute more theme based texture files to this game. I can't wait to hear your suggestions! :mrgreen:
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Hey, I still think phyto pulled a sock puppet on page two. can we look into this or did he "figure out" how to use a proxy. Phyto is to smart not to know how to use a proxy. Anyhow the south park themed moviepack did not happen this week apparently and I was also wondering if there would be any legal trouble for using images of south park for this without the permission of those who own the licence for south park?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

FFIIXXIITT wrote:Hey, I still think phyto pulled a sock puppet on page two. can we look into this or did he "figure out" how to use a proxy. Phyto is to smart not to know how to use a proxy.
You're kidding, right?

As for image use, I think it's acceptable if you include a text file giving copyright credit as well as with some legalese about it being fan art, and that's it not meant for any commercial gain or redistribution. Something along these lines, copied from the old default moviepack:
LEGAL:

All original artwork, models and files by Fabrice HolbÈ.

No reproduction or re-use of these elements for commercial purposes permitted.
The pictures files can be used and modified only for non-commercial purposes.

The Tron pictures must be taken as fan art and it's not intended
any commercial action or profit on the making and/or exhibition of this artwork.

Any mistake in the credits of any work is unintentional and must be informed to the Authors.
The pictures and scans from TronÆ and the films, novels, associated elements and logos,
and other licensed works based upon it are copyright © Walt Disney Productions.

No copyright infringement in this game is intended.

No claim of ownership nor reassignment of Walt Disney Productions' copyright and copyrighted
material to any other parties is intended or inferred by this game.
But you should look up exactly what you need to include, rather than just using that as a template. (And if you or someone else finds something that can be used as a template, let me know. :) )
alert

Post by alert »

FFIIXXIITT wrote:This pack is made specifically for the Top Down camera:

Code: Select all

CAMERA_CUSTOM_BACK    10         # how much the camera is moved back
CAMERA_CUSTOM_RISE    150         # the height of the camera above the cycle
CAMERA_CUSTOM_BACK_FROMSPEED 0 # how much the camera is moved back for every m/s speed
CAMERA_CUSTOM_RISE_FROMSPEED 0 # the height of the camera above the cycle for every m/s speed
CAMERA_CUSTOM_PITCH   -10     # inclination of the camera
CAMERA_CUSTOM_ZOOM    2        # how much the camera zooms in your cycle at the beginning of the round (to show the team's formation)
CAMERA_CUSTOM_TURN_SPEED     0  # speed the custom camera turns with
CAMERA_CUSTOM_TURN_SPEED_180 0  # factor to the turn speed after a quick reversal
This pack also helps the game run on older systems and runs extra smoothly. Tired of lag? Try this pack on for size.
cool =D it works
alert

Post by alert »

FFIIXXIITT wrote:I need a little bit of inspiration for a new texture file and so I will take whatever you, the community, suggests I do. Loss of inspiration has me a little blocked as far as creativity goes though I would like to continue to contribute more theme based texture files to this game. I can't wait to hear your suggestions! :mrgreen:
spider webs!!
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

We are legion
We do not Forgive
We do not Forget
Expect us...
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Who here speaks, who here see what words mean? Some time has passed what of it? what are you now? have you still no substantial purpose? playing games with those that you loved but was it worth it? What is a fitting punishment for one like me? what do you see of tomorow when today is a haze? no help to be found when next we part of ways? play today but now how decadence gleams incoherent as one seems you may look to yourself and find a beast. Impeccably mean like a ***** on PCP or a poloc on devils weed. Datura Inoxica, Moonflower a source of blind rage and power divinations for hours or days it may seem at least its not like ***** its crack rocks ether that or we lost talk. nothing but fear and loathing left ahead for us and yet I feel responsible for the state of your life know i didn't state this because it is right but i have an itch to write, while pen to page every night doesnt make things right somehow i feel like FFIIXXIITT is in sight see an idea manifest a spark turning darkness to light simplicity might be the answer that I seek in reality many have become weak complacent and meek they call me Wee Man the reason is I see that you are my equal no matter how tainted or evil we're people and my ego is as dead as the victums of the 9-11 false flag go on ahead and sanctify that...
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

edit: I could say you are getting defensive...
FFIIXXIITT wrote:Why are you scared to download it, it is just a texturefile. I don't actually include the custom cam file. just put the code above into the settings.cfg file. I'm not really a malicious hacker I only talk a big game with the moderators for fun. I assure you that there is nothing malicious in any of my texturefiles.
FFIIXXIITT wrote:Hey, I still think phyto pulled a sock puppet on page two. can we look into this or did he "figure out" how to use a proxy. Phyto is to smart not to know how to use a proxy.
FFIIXXIITT wrote:Who here speaks, who here see what words mean? Some time has passed what of it? what are you now? have you still no substantial purpose? playing games with those that you loved but was it worth it? What is a fitting punishment for one like me? what do you see of tomorow when today is a haze? no help to be found when next we part of ways? play today but now how decadence gleams incoherent as one seems you may look to yourself and find a bI thought this was about texture files?east. Impeccably mean like a ***** on PCP or a poloc on devils weed. Datura Inoxica, Moonflower a source of blind rage and power divinations for hours or days it may seem at least its not like ***** its crack rocks ether that or we lost talk. nothing but fear and loathing left ahead for us and yet I feel responsible for the state of your life know i didn't state this because it is right but i have an itch to write, while pen to page every night doesnt make things right somehow i feel like FFIIXXIITT is in sight see an idea manifest a spark turning darkness to light simplicity might be the answer that I seek in reality many have become weak complacent and meek they call me Wee Man the reason is I see that you are my equal no matter how tainted or evil we're people and my ego is as dead as the victums of the 9-11 false flag go on ahead and sanctify that...
You are twisting around alot there. Could you say exactly what you mean?

-
Wait a moment, are you just trying to get into trouble?

5:11 PM
03-23-13
Last edited by XD|VIPer on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I suppose we should applaud you for finding this thread.
Why bump this? It's borderline necrophilia.