TRON LEGACY ARMAGETRON

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: TRON LEGACY ARMAGETRON

Post by Phytotron »

17na wrote:hey that looks pretty cool what program did you use?
For cryin' out loud. Read the thread, man.

EDIT: Did it again. I'll stop pointing it out eventually. :)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I like the second one, although I wouldn't particularly call that low-res. How about aiming for 1600x1200 or 1920x1200 for a desktop wallpaper? (Or dual screen wall papers, just double.)
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

i used 3ds max and photoshop Cs5. but you can make better graphics using either cinema 4d or maya.
Attachments
Heres another one :)
Heres another one :)
:)
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

Whew
Attachments
derezzed-file.jpg
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Post by 17na »

Phytotron wrote:
17na wrote:hey that looks pretty cool what program did you use?
For cryin' out loud. Read the thread, man.

EDIT: Did it again. I'll stop pointing it out eventually. :)
I only do that to anoy people lol
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

For clarification purposes, the "it" that I did again was the page break. That's what I'll stop making a point of, eventually.

I'll continue to point out things like that you should bother to read a thread before asking questions, the answers to which are staring you right in the face.
Lanfear
Average Program

Post by Lanfear »

That's pretty good, sheilou. Well done!
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

thanks Lanfear!. Anyone here had any experience in game programming or made a game using unity engine? im currently working on a game related to tron evolution but the problem is i suck at programming coz im more on GRAPHICS and im having a problem mainly on setting the controls and physics for the tron bike. if anyone here wants to help or atleast give a tip i will gladly appreciate it.

I have already exported the model from 3ds max and added textures and bumpmaps(normal maps) to the lightcycle. I created 2 empty game objects and added wheel collider to each. i i put a rigid body to the lightcycles main body. now my problem is i cant use a rigid body plus a character controller alltogether so what kind of controller should i put then? do i need to make a script for it? i want the lightcycle to have only 1 gear with a max speed of 130, can do jump ability, can slow down and do tight turns. any help is welcome.

Sorry for my english.
Attachments
IMAGE-1.jpg
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Try to gather a team in the collaboration section of unity forums:
http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/17-Collaboration

Take a look at the following tutorials, then you'll get an idea:

Tron trails:
http://unity3d.com/support/resources/ex ... l-examples
Car Physics:
http://unity3d.com/support/resources/tu ... r-tutorial

and you didn't reply to my previous post yet...
Word wrote:I like unity3d. Are you going to share the project files so we can add new models? I guess I can help you a bit when it comes to AssetBundles :)

This is my unity project (still had no time to finish the networking part).
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

Thank you for the links Word. I already have the trails setup perfectly and ive tried the car tutorial but i will redownload it again. ive downloaded several car tutorials already but everytime i extract them and place the files in unity things are scrambled like many javascript errors comes out so it just becomes more confusing for me. anyway il put more to to study these problems. right now i removed the rigidbody and wheel colliders and used the basic 3rd person controller which is kind of funny to use and very unrealistic because it has no physics in it XD
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

@Word - you can use my first basic model you can mess with it if you want. if i have more time i can make a model for your game too.

heres the DL link http://www.mediafire.com/file/p533fzzwn ... ecover.max
Attachments
test model.jpg
Word

Post by Word »

thanks, I'm currently using Edd's model :)
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »

Hello guys I just want to show you the output of my work it's not yet finished. please comment about it like what needs to be done or added to make the game look better and more fun to play. The control physics is completly messed up all you can do for now is accelerate because the lightcycle is leaning on its side but if you manage to turn without flipping then congratulations!

the setup is only a basic car control script and a lightcycle body with 2 separate wheels one in front and back. If there's anyone here who already solve'd this kind of problem please share you'r ideas:) the buttons are W(forward/accelerate).S(backwards).A(left).D(right). .C-hide the lightribbon and V button for toggle lightribbon.

For now this game will only show you the lightcycle tumbling over and over till you fall endlessly. I just want help and your ideas to add more shine to the game. Thank you

/QUALITY SETUP- Good
please tell me if this game lags on weaker old pc's

You need to download UNITY WEB PLAYER to play and here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0lunu1dz ... WIP%29.rar
Attachments
tron level 2.JPG
tron level 1.JPG
tron level.JPG
Word

Post by Word »

• I like the sound
  • The floor is moving :o
  • The textures. They're quite different from the ones that were used in the movie, but they would provide the same atmosphere if you make it a bit darker.
  • Get rid of the smooth turns (if you want to create an Armagetron feeling). Then you'll also solve a couple of (visual) bugs.
  • There's no camera control
  • Add some glowing effects (i know Armagetron doesn't have that, but it's easier in Unity.)
  • I don't like the way the cycle spawns at start (it just falls down and the tail creates a vertical line). There are a lot better looking spawn effects.
  • Although you can hear the wheels you can't see them moving. And the noise is still there when you don't press a key.
  • The file is too big. You should probably change a few quality settings.
  • No opponents yet. :P
sheilou
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sheilou »