Graphical Question?

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Spook
Round Winner

Graphical Question?

Post by Spook »

Alright i have no clue if this is the right subject to post this topic but it does have something to do with the zone graphics on tron. My question, is there anyway to make the zone the same size but change the zone color to outline istead of full color

Heres a example

Now the Picture above shows the zone the way i want it is there any commands for it?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Graphical Question?

Post by Phytotron »

Turn off alpha blending.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

ok thx but is there another command that does the samething but you can keep your grid lines?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Keep your grid lines?

Use Texture Plane instead of Dual Texture Plane?
Last edited by Phytotron on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

yea look at the picture you see the lines on the floor, when i turn alpha_blend off the hole floor goes black
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Hey spook. There are two ways you can go about this.
1) you can do Alpha_blend 0
- This will make the zones just like you want, but will also put a black background behind the text.

2) Zone_alpha_toggle 1
- This will make only the zones alpha blended, and leave your text normal.

Edit: If you turn alpha_blend to 0, and then zone_alpha_toggle 1, they will cancel out, and you will have alpha_blended text and a regular zone.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

I edited my previous post while you responded.

I wasn't aware of ZONE_ALPHA_TOGGLE. Yes, you can leave alpha blending enabled (along with dual texture plane) and set that command to 1. But, to correct Ratcher's phrasing, it will disable alpha blending on the zones (not make them alpha blended).

So, you want:

ALPHA_BLEND 1
ZONE_ALPHA_TOGGLE 1

I personally prefer that black behind the text (too difficult to read otherwise), and also dislike the heavy hit to framerate that alpha blending causes, so I always have alpha blending disabled.

You can still disable alpha blending globally and retain the floor grid and vector zone with the following:

ALPHA_BLEND 0
ZONE_ALPHA_TOGGLE 1
[Textured Plane]

But, that's only with a floor.png graphic (textured plane) that matches the look of the dual textured plane (floor_a.png + floor_b.png). That is the case with the default textures, and some moviepacks.
Last edited by Phytotron on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

Ty bro exactly what i was looking for :D np phy i have asked serveral times in game but nobody knew or they wouldnt answer so i had to make a post about it ty
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

More editing. :/