TRON Legacy Movie Pack update

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
edd
Core Dumper

TRON Legacy Movie Pack update

Post by edd »

I've made a new model of the legacy light cycle so it is now based on the latest tron legacy cycle. I've also modifies the trail 'cycle wall' and the texture for the bike and also added a new splash screen.

[|obree I tried mailing you but I think it failed to send ??? so this is the cycle I was sending you.]

Edd
Attachments
screen grab
screen grab
splash screen
splash screen
Archive.zip
model and textures
(633.68 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
Misery
Round Winner

Re: TRON Legacy Movie Pack update

Post by Misery »

Looks pretty nice... but there are a few things that I've noticed. The actual model is HUGE in comparison to the normal cycle model. The front wheel extends far beyond the front point of the cycle.

And the texture needs a little cleaning up, too. Sorry... Not trying to be nit picky. I really do like your work though. The cycle wall is awesome! It has now become my permanent replacement. :)
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
edd
Core Dumper

Post by edd »

Misery, thanks for the feedback. Do you mean the file size or the scale of the cycle in game play? I have made it bigger as a request from previous versions but it's no problem to scale it down if that would help. I've also made the texture map as small as possible which does make it a bit rough, but I will make cleaner versions. It's not nit picking, this helps me improve the model.

edd
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yeah, I've always looked at it as there being two types of models: those that are made for practical use (which should be on the smaller polys and scale in game, like I noted here), and those that are meant for looking great (which would naturally be bigger—in terms of file size, polys, and scaling in the game—to show off the work). Ideally, when there's one made for the latter purpose, one of the first type (practical) would be released with alongside, where applicable (an exception might be something like that huge Sark's ship model).
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

edd wrote:Misery, thanks for the feedback. Do you mean the file size or the scale of the cycle in game play? I have made it bigger as a request from previous versions but it's no problem to scale it down if that would help. I've also made the texture map as small as possible which does make it a bit rough, but I will make cleaner versions. It's not nit picking, this helps me improve the model.

edd

The file size isn't really an issue at all. I was referring to the scale. Guess I should of made that more clear. oops

I think if you unwrapped the model for the texture it would come out MUCH better. And increasing the resolution wouldn't hurt much, either. ;)

AND... maybe making it a little more poly friendly for older hardware. I'm sure you could shave off from the 1,498 polys without too much detail loss.
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
edd
Core Dumper

Post by edd »

I think as Phytotron suggests it would be a good idea to make two versions of any cycle models that I submit and as Misery said it I am working on a unwrapped textured version also. Once I have it 'polished' I will reduce the number of polygons too.
edd
Core Dumper

Post by edd »

I think as Phytotron suggests it would be a good idea to make two versions of any cycle models that I submit and as Misery said it I am working on a unwrapped textured version also. Once I have it 'polished' I will reduce the number of polygons too.
Rejector

Post by Rejector »

Hi all...

I'm new to the forum (and to Armagetron as well).

I found my home in Berlin (Germany), so please excuse my english.

First of all -> Great game, great community, great pack(s).

But... I can't get that ase-model to work. Something seems wrong (beginning with the fact, that there is no ase-model to replace in the original Armagetron-folders).

So what am I doing wrong?

Best regards... :)

Rejector
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

pm with (german) explanation sent. :wink:
edd
Core Dumper

Post by edd »

improved wall texture.
Attachments
rim_wall.png
rim_wall.png (6.43 KiB) Viewed 5975 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You need to inject it into a moviepack. Specifically, the file 'settings.cfg' would be missing for the archive to be a complete moviepack on its own.