3d model

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
!TX!Ubunturocks
Average Program

3d model

Post by !TX!Ubunturocks »

I made a blender car. I was just messing around with blender. For some reason, I can not export my model as .mod. But I just wanted to show you a screen shot of it. Please note that this is my first car I have made in blender. I hope I will get good at using blender soon.
Attachments
bob.jpg
Last edited by !TX!Ubunturocks on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linux is the future, do not fight it, go with it. If your computer is fast or slow Linux is the way to go.
ImageImageImage
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 3d model

Post by Word »

you can't export mod files with blender. but the ase plugin works ;)
here's the link: http://www.katsbits.com/htm/tools_utilities.htm#ase

(you should read a guide before which tells you how to execute this script. once youve done it it's really easy, go to blender's text editor and open the script in it than press the hotkey to execute...i forgot it but i think it was something like alt+k, alt+p....when youve done that restart blender and you can just go to data>import>ascii - or data/export/ascii ; depends on which plugins youve installed)
Last edited by Word on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!TX!Ubunturocks
Average Program

Post by !TX!Ubunturocks »

Thanks a lot. I am trying to learn how to use the blender game engine. It seems like it would be fun. It might be better for me to keep focus on learning C++.... :? Oh well, I am in no hurry. :)
Linux is the future, do not fight it, go with it. If your computer is fast or slow Linux is the way to go.
ImageImageImage
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

youre welcome :)

according to some blender forums the combination you need is l_alt + p. press it when you've inserted one of these python scripts in the text editor of blender