Neon Grid

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Jolts
On Lightcycle Grid

Neon Grid

Post by Jolts »

These are a bunch of replacements for the original in-game textures. It's my first attempt for a full set so I hope people enjoy it.
edit: in order to view the floor, you need to change the floor detail settings to textured plane.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ab2 ... a680752437
Last edited by Jolts on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people say that hacking is magic for computers, but I say that magic is hacking nature."
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Neon Grid

Post by Jonathan »

Maybe try fiddling with the floor in Detail Settings?

Floor Texture: at the very least not "Off" :)
Floor Detail: Textured Plane (you need a special floor_a.png and floor_b.png for Dual Textured Plane to work, and obviously anything else won't work either)

Edit: Oh, and the size of your image isn't a power of two, like 128 or 256 or 512. It should be taken care of, but maybe it fails. BTW, it tends to be done by scaling (we're still using gluBuild2DMipmaps, right?), so there's not much any other size will do for you.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Jonathan wrote:(we're still using gluBuild2DMipmaps, right?)
Yes. And even though the specs say it should handle NPT textures via scaling, not all implementations stick to that and try to do 'the right thing' instead. And fail. So yes, definitely, make your texture dimensions powers of two.
Jolts
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Jolts »

Jonathan wrote:Maybe try fiddling with the floor in Detail Settings?

Floor Texture: at the very least not "Off" :)
Floor Detail: Textured Plane (you need a special floor_a.png and floor_b.png for Dual Textured Plane to work, and obviously anything else won't work either)

Edit: Oh, and the size of your image isn't a power of two, like 128 or 256 or 512. It should be taken care of, but maybe it fails. BTW, it tends to be done by scaling (we're still using gluBuild2DMipmaps, right?), so there's not much any other size will do for you.
Thanks, I didn't think about changing the settings (rarely bother) all I needed was to change the floor detail to textured plane. I'll get a new pic up in a sec.
"Some people say that hacking is magic for computers, but I say that magic is hacking nature."