Armagetronart

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
saragei
Core Dumper

Re: Armagetronart

Post by saragei »

Phytotron wrote:And I started to do a funny, but my tendons caught fire.
= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set
Or a really fat-assed lady wearing a fancy hat.

A belated thanks for writing my name btw :) You've proven that you're able to do this kind of artful maze off the cuff.
Still missing wolf|mbc though, he was one of the nicer players.
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Random Armagetron Screenshots

Post by Titanoboa »

Me and over were playing around in a fortress server trying to reach "100 speed" in different ways, and eventually started spiraling with 2 others in the server. When they left, we started tinkering with the settings a little (such as cycle_rubber_mindistance). Then some more people (cronix, theroze) came and helped us out :D It was great fun, here are some random screenshots of some of the things we did! I think over and theroze have even awesomer screenshots!
Well this wasn't with the help of any special settings, this was just me and over practicing precision tunneling :D
Well this wasn't with the help of any special settings, this was just me and over practicing precision tunneling :D
Here's a better view of the masterpiece as a whole.
Here's a better view of the masterpiece as a whole.
Then Cronix showed up, and the first thing that came to mind was "let's try RGB and see how that looks". So we tried it, and this is how it looks.
Then Cronix showed up, and the first thing that came to mind was "let's try RGB and see how that looks". So we tried it, and this is how it looks.
Last edited by Titanoboa on Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titanoboa

Re: Random Armagetron Screenshots

Post by Titanoboa »

And here's the other half of the screenshots!
Then theroze woke up and joined us! We now had 4 different walls to use, and so we decided to make a tribute to the TST. Could go for any armagetron game mode with 4 teams though.
Then theroze woke up and joined us! We now had 4 different walls to use, and so we decided to make a tribute to the TST. Could go for any armagetron game mode with 4 teams though.
Then I had the idea that it might look nice if we abused the bug_color_overflow setting/bug/thing, and here is the result of that!
Then I had the idea that it might look nice if we abused the bug_color_overflow setting/bug/thing, and here is the result of that!
We wanted a rainbow! Then Cronix left us :((( And we only had 3 people. That didn't stop us though!  I produced 4 walls with my computer, while over and theroze had the other 2, so they could focus on screenshooting. My computer couldn't handle that very well though (and my brain! How confusing it was to steer 4 lightcycles, even if it had infinite rubber and only left turns xD), and as you can see in the screenshot I ended up with 0 fps. My screen stayed like that for half an hour before the game crashed, so I guess it was literally 0 fps.
We wanted a rainbow! Then Cronix left us :((( And we only had 3 people. That didn't stop us though! I produced 4 walls with my computer, while over and theroze had the other 2, so they could focus on screenshooting. My computer couldn't handle that very well though (and my brain! How confusing it was to steer 4 lightcycles, even if it had infinite rubber and only left turns xD), and as you can see in the screenshot I ended up with 0 fps. My screen stayed like that for half an hour before the game crashed, so I guess it was literally 0 fps.
Hope you enjoy watching these screenshots, it was a lot of fun to produce!
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Indeed, it was great fun :P Some of mine:
First, an animated one of the TST spiral. I was camping out in the middle while everyone else turned back. The result of it looks like a 3-dimensional pyramid, doesn't it?
First, an animated one of the TST spiral. I was camping out in the middle while everyone else turned back. The result of it looks like a 3-dimensional pyramid, doesn't it?
Second, another external screenshot of the abuse of the bug_color_overflow. You can't see everything very well, but still, was quite awesome :D
Second, another external screenshot of the abuse of the bug_color_overflow. You can't see everything very well, but still, was quite awesome :D
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Not sure how to attach with comments so I'll just do it this way. One for each of the patterns we did. :P

Tons of fun, look forward to maybe doing this again sometime :D. Maybe not so late at night/morning though. I have a few more of each, just I thought these showed the most/the best.

Edit: Titan, you messed up the story. Roze woke up first then Cron came o.o
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Ooops sorry. Yeah theroze was in the RGB one then. Very true. I was also very tired at the time and somewhere between drunk and hungover.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

I had no sleep the entire day and night ... so i had to leave ya buddies :<
Signature? wtf...
qRt.mike.huePn
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by qRt.mike.huePn »

Phytotron wrote:Only a few minutes. Two or three dry runs to check out the design and get my brain and fingers working properly, then just doing it. It's at _SPEED 10, _ACCEL 0 (to facilitate more uniformity), SP_SIZE_FACTOR -5. So, er, do the math.

By the way, the third one above obviously resembles an iron cross (although it didn't even occur to me until after the fact), but does anyone find the other two resemble anything?
very nice psychedelic work man :)
by the way, how do u remove bots ?

some other little experiments :

video test on camera_turn
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjyiy8 ... e_creation
Attachments
tree
tree
mask
mask
funny happy
funny happy
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

qRt.mike.huePn wrote:very nice psychedelic work man :)
No psychedelics were used in the creation of those images, nor the usage thereof condoned in viewing them. :P
by the way, how do u remove bots ?
A) Under Change Game/Game Setup, set AI Players, Min Players, and Auto AI to cero. Also, Min players per team to 1.
-or-
B) Enter the corresponding commands into console or autoexec.cfg.
(Obviously, the first is easier, and since those settings are logged in user.cfg, serve the same purpose as putting them in autoexec.cfg.)

Phytotron wrote:[They were made with settings] at _SPEED 10, _ACCEL 0 (to facilitate more uniformity), SP_SIZE_FACTOR -5. So, er, do the math.
Correction: I just realised my speed factor was set to 1, which translates base speed to 14.1.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cross-post to ground-breaking arma-art:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 80#p254980
Wik
Average Program

Post by Wik »

This one is for Mr. Wav.
(Live from the server of Totek On-Anub *scnr*)
Attachments
Gizeh, Pyramids and Sphinx 1:1
Gizeh, Pyramids and Sphinx 1:1
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Pfft, no Sphinx head. I'm not impressed.

(A more appropriate rim texture, plus the addition of a sandy floor, would look better. On the subject, that default rim texture needs to go; heavy metal "lightning" cycle walls, too.)

sinewav wrote:Cross-post to ground-breaking arma-art:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 80#p254980
And just for point of reference/reminder/whatever, in case you haven't seen it (you probably have): LIGHT CITY v0.4 MoviePack by simcosmos. Surprisingly, his website is still up, download links still good.
Wik
Average Program

Post by Wik »

Didn't want to create an extra thread for this one, I hope you don't mind. Not very graphical, though.

Was bored, played with cycle_sound_speed and some Mozart fragment.

Edit: Works best when used with the original cyclrun.wav.
Last edited by Wik on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

That is true Armagetronart.

I was going to do something musical last year, but never got around to it. Maybe I should get motivated...
nelg

Post by nelg »

qRt.mike.huePn wrote:
compguygene wrote:Sorry, i put them up..but then promptly took them down! Then, between Ladle 20 and some other server tinkering, it just got stuck on the back burner. They work now as advertised! So, draw and let me know what you think! :D
okay, cool :)
I tested the EU one...
I don't know if I like the unvulnerability... because I can't use the "already drawn lines" to stick and go back... in my local drawing settings, I use rubber 50 and brakes make completly stop the cycle, so, I can think about what's next to draw.
what could be cool is an "unvulnerability key" to switch it on or off, like the brakes: allows to get out a toomuch rubbered maze. (can u understand me...)
I also had a problem on your server: couldnt make little circles or curves, because I make very fast moves (about 15/second)... it only makes diagonals on your server. with slow moves, ok, i can make curves.

oh! another Idea:
a key to switch trail on/off... but I think it's not possible... is it?
instant chat. "cycle_walls_length 0.01", off. "cycle_walls_length -1", on

Dont forget to add /console and/or /admin!