settings..

World of TiTnAsS, World of Hate... Stuff about them goes here. Duh.

Moderator: TiTnAsS

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

On my part, there's no need doing anything about the rim wall if it's a big ole pain in the arse (or impossible). No biggie.
hang3r
Core Dumper

Post by hang3r »

2400 for wall length is far to much, it may aswell be inf.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

i'll compromise down to 2000...

EDIT: actually, I went to 1800..
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Pssst...actually, you went to 180.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

oops ;)
Damn, it sure has been a while!
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

Just wanted to say this server really is good, probably the best these days.

The main thing that I like is that the rubber actually seems to control the closeness of grinds (or works) as opposed to pretty much all other servers except for shrunkland.

The only thing that I would personaly change is the cycle_delay, but thats a personal preference. If higher, it makes the game more even for non-double binders, and also makes the game more visually readable ... as in, rarely do you die from some little miniscule tit on a wall. Also, it makes it more difficult to 180 multiple times against a wall. I understand that this server is meant for roullete though, where it's nice to be able to double back or readjust with a small cycle delay.

Would be nice if someone used these server settings as a base for making a breakfastish server :-)

edit: It would also be nice if more people played your server tna.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

I likes it too. In my opinion, wotna and Shrunkland are about the only really good servers left.* Yeah, the grinding and rubber. I've noticed that most times when I think I've butted up against a tail, and I see the rubber meter go up, there's actually still a visible seam/space between it and my own tail. That's kinda good. Rubber and related settings are acting as practical measures rather than arcade-ish features. (It's like Sim mode vs. Arcade mode, or sumpin.)

I also kind of agree with egg on the cycle delay, but like he said, personal preference.

Are you taking advantage of any of those anti-180 or anti-paperclipping settings?

I'm afraid that more people don't play wotna because the "it" thing now is to have absurdly high rubber and high speed. I've experienced numerous instances, both in wotna and Shrunkland, where someone comes in, realises they can't do the same things they can in those servers, says "this server sux!" and/or complains about lag that isn't really there, then leaves. "I'm going to mbc/speeders." It's a shame.

* The Crack Pipe would be awesome for battling, since the settings feel almost identical to BiH, and we all know I dug that. If it just weren't for the maps. Sorry, Lucifer et al, I'm even less of a fan now that I've played them.
hang3r
Core Dumper

Post by hang3r »

Well I am sure titnass knows that WOTNA is one of my favorite servers, it would be nice if it was to become one of the Breakfast servers. 8)

How cool would it be if Lucifer was willing to bring back BiH but using 2.8. :D