Current status:

World of TiTnAsS, World of Hate... Stuff about them goes here. Duh.

Moderator: TiTnAsS

TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Current status:

Post by TiTnAsS »

WoTnA wasn't joining breakfest, just being hosted by Lucifer, kinda jumped the gun. :) So it's still WoTnA (World of TNA (I'm throwing out the whole name due to immature aduience)) and will be the same as it was before but with a few changes. Since I can't get it to behave like 6.0 I'm going to PM Z-Man about getting it to behave like it, and if he cant ill just tell it to revert back to the frame dependent rubber code. If possible I'd like it to be harder to grind (i tryed fooling with cycle_speed but it gunked it up, i tryed ALOT of different settings) harder, but not be frame dependent.

If you guys wanna fool around for settings or a scale to work with go for it. :/
Last edited by TiTnAsS on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

CYCLE_RUBBER -1
CYCLE_PING_RUBBER 0
CYCLE_DELAY 0.2

to make it hard to grind. :twisted:

Seriously, you can't emulate framerate-dependent code (which sucks) with framerate-independent code. You have to pick one framerate to get close(r).
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Lower CYCLE_SPEED gets you pretty close...but i just can't get a working combination of settings the way I want em, i PMed Z-Man, if anyone can help its him O_O......
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, certainly you want a higher rubber speed. The rule of thumb is that the new framerate independant code roughly behaves like the old code at CYCLE_RUBBER_SPEED * 1.5 (the 1.5 is 1/ln(2) really), and the default of 40 feels quite like in the old days on a good computer for me, your 12.5 feel like the old days on my old laptop :). Otherwise, I see no problem with the settings you PMed me; the low CYCLE_RUBBER_TIME emulates 0.2.6.0's tendency to let the rubber code fail about once per second.

CYCLE_RUBBER_LEGACY only has an effect if old clients are connected. There is no way to reactivate the framerate dependant code without side effects (the side effects being that you have to allow old clients and it will always be as if they were connected). It's as Jonathan says.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

With 40 cycle_rubber_speed it doesnt feel hard to grind AT ALL.... I want it to feel hard, but i dont know how to describe it, you time it perfect and you get closer, otherwise theres a gap.
microbus
Core Dumper

Post by microbus »

did you try the cycle_wall_near and the cycle_rubber_mindistance
settings?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Then CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_RESERVOIR may be your ticket; try values around .1 or .2. They give a slower approach on the last centimeters and won't allow you to touch the wall unless you use all your rubber.

Microbus: cycle_wall_near has no effect on rubber, it only influences the acceleration.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Speaking of cycle wall near, whats the scale, frames on the grid?
microbus
Core Dumper

Post by microbus »

not sure here... mine's set at 10 though, and it seems okay :)
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

CYCLE_WALL_NEAR only affects acceleration by grinding.
TiTnAsS wrote:With 40 cycle_rubber_speed it doesnt feel hard to grind AT ALL.... I want it to feel hard, but i dont know how to describe it, you time it perfect and you get closer, otherwise theres a gap.
Increase rubber consumption, i.e. scale everything else back (mainly CYCLE_RUBBER).

Edit: Distances are in the same unit as GRID_SIZE.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Wow thx, that was the problem. I have it perfect now except for the fact that when i try to tunnel and there are two grinds its imposssible to make it, any way to fix that? Also you can DB for ever is there a way to up the ammount of rubber it uses the further you get in tword the wall?

EDIT: Jon i know exactly what it does.

MB: No offence to you, your a nice guy and all, but i hate your server most out of anything on tron and i wouldnt use your settings if it was my servs last hope..
microbus
Core Dumper

Post by microbus »

lol TnA... but it's a mixture of settings.. and it is different
since the server moved last week :D
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

I'll check it out, but if its still "camp/run til winzone appears, and say WD to everyone who wins or be banned" i'm out and will still hate it.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Still hate it, but back to the topic.. :/
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

TiTnAsS wrote:I have it perfect now except for the fact that when i try to tunnel and there are two grinds its imposssible to make it, any way to fix that?
Hmm, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but there should be nothing impossible. Just very hard. To tunnel an earlier grind you just have to take even more risk like the one who made the first grind.
TiTnAsS wrote:Also you can DB for ever is there a way to up the ammount of rubber it uses the further you get in tword the wall?
No (Well, yes, there is the MALUS stuff described in tank's thread, but it's not really a good feature and deprecated) I'd experiment with CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY_BONUS 0, and maybe lowering CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY to .1 (but with your low CYCLE_DELAY, probalby .5 is fine) and CYCLE_RUBBER_MINADJUST to .5 (although the last one is dangerous, it will make DB grinds more effective for blocking; it kills the DBer faster, though.)