That thing people complain about in Shrunkland

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

That thing people complain about in Shrunkland

Post by Phytotron »

I make this post only for the purpose of pointing out these other few posts to the people who regularly play in Shrunkland.

http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopi ... 6595#46595

So, be patient until 0.2.8.2 comes out, then we'll Tank Program sig it.

[Edit: I just realised I had referenced the wrong person's signature, heh.]
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Welp, Swampy was good enough to make the upgrade to 0.2.8.2, and I think people will be pleased. Not only was the bug fixed, but I was able to loosen up the anti-adjust setting.

In fact, I was surprisingly able to drop CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY from 1 to 0.3, so turning onto a wall from a distance won't be the irritating (to some) instant explosion that it has been for the past month or two.

But, happily, any player will be instantly sploded if he tries to adjust or turn back against a wall when he's already on it, no matter what*. This holds true out to a distance that's roughly equivalent to one-fourth of the distance created by CYCLE_DELAY (which is still currently 0.1). To get an idea of what that distance is, press your left and right turn keys at once (or do a DB 180 :/) and notice the lateral distance traveled. That's what I mean by "the distance created by CYCLE_DELAY."

* This means it doesn't matter whether it's with single or double binds, or done fast or slow. It's instant kablooey. :D

So, any of you old time Shrunkland faithful who have maybe been playing less frequently there because of the bug can come back now. :)
Last edited by Phytotron on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
akira
Core Dumper

Post by akira »

I played there. Good job with the settings!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Yours is an opinion that is valued. Thanks.