unfinished submission

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Your_mom
Match Winner

unfinished submission

Post by Your_mom »

unfinished(well mostly finished still needs map settinings or mabey tweaking) map submissions

all are still unnamed
Attachments
1beta-0.1.png
(5.81 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
2beta-0.0.1.png
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
beta3-0.0.1.png
Forced 6 axis turning
(7.39 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

triple post*

copy number corasponds to picture #
Attachments
Copy (1) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
Copy (2) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Copy (3) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
/me *
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

quadruple post inanly breaking forum etiquite with bonus spelling mistakes

I havn't tested any of the maps yet
Attachments
Copy (4) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
Copy (5) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
Copy (6) of Beta-0.0.1.aamap.xml
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Great maps! Can't wait to see them on crack :)

I would make my own ones, but my brain is empty of ideas... Luci, you can have my oktafortress map if you like.
There's no place like ::1
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Really, don't say things like "Double Post" unless it's actually a double post. Please say something like "Posting Again..." because I just acidently deleted your second post until I caught on to what was going on...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Hmmm. Not sure what to make of these. :)

Most look like deathmatch maps, and I'm going to take most of them. I'll name them for you. :) Unless you really want to do that. I'm definitely interested in seeing the race one play out. I'm thinking cycle trails that aren't quite long enough to go one whole arm of a lap. Long enough that you can have one teammate try to delay the other players while you race for the middle.

I guess I should have said "regular axis". I'll update the wiki to reflect that. The axis stuff is cool, don't get me wrong, but I'm leaning away from deathmatch play with different axis settings from the standard 90-degree turns. If the unusual axes are required to make the map work, great. :) No problems there. Like wrtl's race server, where the axes make the thing work right.

I'd like to see the one marked Copy(2) become a sumo map, with shrinking zones. It's similar to a sumo map I was just dreaming up and considering making when I discovered my server is the wrong version to run a sumo game. Well, it might still work, but I'd like to resolve that little bit before throwing myself into a sumo map. Just keep in mind it's a team server now, and nobody's done team sumo yet. :) Anyway, I'm going to add some fortress zones to that one to make it a regular fortress map and see how that plays out. The zones will be off in the distance from the spawn points, so that hopefully you'll spawn looking at your zone.

The sumo map I was dreaming about, if anybody wants to make it, looks like this: A plus sign of walls in the middle that separates the 4 teams. At the place where the walls cross is the center point of the fortresses. The fortresses will have a radius that initially reaches just barely short of the walls themselves, and open space outside, of course. Each spawn point will be separated from the others, so there won't be any direct contact with the other teams. The fortresses will shrink, so if you want to send a teammate over to fight one of the other teams, he'll have to do it immediately. Scoring would be similar to what's on sumo now, and the match timer would be removed in favor of a round count, but still no score limit for matches. It would be like 5 rounds makes a match, or something like that.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Here's a map I'd like to see if someone wants to make it. :)

Race to sumo. Setup a race track, with nice windy twists and turns. On one end the players start, and on the other end spawn some fortresses for each team.

The fortresses should slowly, very slowly, conquer themselves, and take out half their owning team when they do.

So the players have to race to the fortresses, then sumo each other until someone wins. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden