Swamplords on Crack

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

Swamplords on Crack

Post by Lucifer »

Well, in keeping with the Swamplords theme, the Crack Pipe has been renamed to Swamplords on Crack, and is up, with the old BiH settings.

Map rotation and stuff is still coming, but I need to go find out what we're doing for dinner. :) Then it'll likely stay as it is (with map rotation and regular deathmatch play) until at least spring break. Semester's starting, you know...

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Map rotator's in now, with all the old maps updated. I adapted wrt's shell script so that you get a new map every match. Small problem to be worked out, you get the new map in the second round of the match. Weird. I'll figure it out. :)

So you can go enjoy FunkinGonutz again, when it comes up. :) Iron cross, all the others. Tzeentch, the Crack Pipe, you know the ones.

- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Ok, psycho bots are in there, but they seem to be struggling with the maps still. Also updated the language file. :) It's probably done for now.

So, here's what I'd like to see next. I'd like to turn it into a team server with a range of team games that will be switched out each match. So maybe one match will be a regular fortress match on a square grid, the next could be a team sumo match on a square grid, etc.

4 teams, 8 players, 2 players per team. Every map needs to be geared towards that. The cycle physics must remain the same between maps, but anything else goes. The death zone will always be there as well. Add any zones you'd like in addition to that, of course. :)

I'd like to see some regular fortress maps, but with unique twists on each map. I'd also like to see some team sumo, I think that would be fun. Any other team variations would be neat, of course. Also, team deathmatch is ok, just because it's team doesn't mean it must be fortress.

As usual, I get the final say which maps stay in the rotation, but I promise to try every map at least once and give it a serious play. How I'm going to handle the rotation in the long run with lots of maps I haven't yet decided. I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

It'll be single player teams until I have at least 3 team maps that are different from the default square map.

Submit your maps in the usual places, of course. :)

If you'd like to adapt an existing map, you'll have to dig it out of your cache. Maybe I'll get a map browser going on my website, I don't know. Semester's starting, so I'm about to run out of leisurely programming time.

- Iron Maiden