Name Change

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

Name Change

Post by Lucifer »

As previously discussed, Swampy and I are changing our names. Henceforth we will be known as Abbot and Costello.

Um, well, maybe not, but we're dropping the Breakfast moniker finally, once and for all. I've been talking about this for while, and we've finally picked out a word that we think will carve out our own future and let us do what we want without tarnishing the Breakfast name. :)

So........(drum roll)

We're the Swamplords.

In the next few days and weeks, we'll be updating our servers to respect this change. We're going with a loose deal, where you may see Swamplords directly in the server name, or it may be in the option field (if I ever figure out how to change that). It may also only appear in the MOTD for the server, depends on how much the server admin wants to publicize that particular server.

So we'll be working up a new website pretty soon, and we'll keep an updated and canonical list of servers ruled by the Swamplords on the site. So if you're ever in doubt, or if a server falsely claims it, then you can check the list. :)

Edit: Tank: it's up to you if you want to create a new forum here, rename this one, or just leave it alone. I know you're a busy man, and we're still rooted in Breakfast anyway. Also, if we leave this forum, what servers are left to talk about here? (eggcozy's does come up from time to time) Our new website will have user comments and stuff, and most of our players post here all over the place anyway.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Swampy
Core Dumper

Post by Swampy »

Just a bump.. :P

Swampland's name pretty much stayed the same. Breakfast in Shrunkland is now Shrunkland (A Swamplords server). Same great servers, same great taste.
Just a new naming convention that's our's. :wink:
hang3r
Core Dumper

Post by hang3r »

Just out of curiosity, who created the breakfast naming scheme?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Eggcozy. :) Well, hm.

Eggcozy created Breakfast of Champions, and declared his server would always be named something themed "breakfast". When I fired up Breakfast in Hell, I wanted people to know it ws a clone of eggcozy's server, hence the name. It just kinda went from there.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden