concerning CP's MOTD

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

concerning CP's MOTD

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

it'd be cool if the server listed the maps its running, a complete list, when u log onto it, ..

it'd be even cooler if that info was able to be parsed out of a server thats running multiple maps & posted in the MOTD automaticly in 2.8.3 or .4 or whatever.

theres also talk on the grids about an in-game map voting system or a way to cue a map..

blah blah
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

in-game map voting and stuff isn't happening for 0.2.8. :) I can see that as a reasonable thing to work towards for 1.0, though (which is supposed to be our next stable release after 0.2.8).

I don't have enough lines in the MOTD to list all the maps I've got now without making it a pain to read, and I'd like to have more maps. I'm intending to add an xml parser to the map rotator so I can put the name of the map in everytime.cfg, so you'll know what the current map is and who wrote it (according to the xml file).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

My, this is really snowballing!

One item that i'd like to see is an easier way to know the current map. tracking back in the message log is kinda harduous in-play, constant display on the hud seem anoying. Displaying it with basic server info (name, admin, version, uptime, something like that, but maybe more relevant) under the "score view" (TAB) could be convenient.

Happy happy little me!

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

i dint think of that, the TAB scores option would be fine