Let me try html

[lock][/lock]
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Shrunklandz -- another fraud

Post by INW »

apparition wrote:Let me try html

[lock][/lock]
I'm not sure why any of this is not working.
Have you tried logging in first...as an admin/mod?
Have you read manuals/instructions on locking topics? This website helps some but we might have a problem if that doesn't work either. -_-
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I'd say protest noted.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sk8der wrote:z-man agrees there using it for testing.
True. But don't ignore the "RIGHT?". It probably was a bit too subtle. What I meant with that was: FIX IT. Give it a proper MOTD and a proper SERVER_OPTIONS. You don't want this to look like you are really just doing this to annoy Phytotron, which all other evidence pretty much points at, now do you? Because my "Clones are good" stance rests on them being put up for the good of the players.

Funky. I write "Louven" and the message shows "Pythotron".
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Z-Man wrote:
sk8der wrote:z-man agrees there using it for testing.
True. But don't ignore the "RIGHT?". It probably was a bit too subtle. What I meant with that was: FIX IT. Give it a proper MOTD and a proper SERVER_OPTIONS. You don't want this to look like you are really just doing this to annoy Phytotron, which all other evidence pretty much points at, now do you? Because my "Clones are good" stance rests on them being put up for the good of the players.

Funky. I write "Louven" and the message shows "Pythotron".
So changing server options to "Original settings by swampy" would fix things no?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

No, because, as I mentioned, I worked up most of those settings too. If anyone wants to legitimately claim that they're using only Swampy's Shrunkland settings, you're going to have to get the original 0.2.7.0 settings (which were very different from any Shrunkland settings with which you kids are familiar)—and even those became the result of the collective input from folks like myself and eggcozy.

We also now have that "nub" kid having ripped off the current Shrunkland's physics settings for his "nubland" sumo server. Didn't ask, and no acknowledgment, of course. Gotta spite me, right.

Don't you little jerks have anything better to do with your summers? Don't you know what real juvenile delinquency entails? I'll give you a clue: It doesn't involve lame little trolling stunts on the internet, some online video game and forums, or a youtube account. Seriously, you're beyond pathetic.
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

Thanks for clearing things up Z-man =D
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Phytotron wrote:No, because, as I mentioned, I worked up most of those settings too. If anyone wants to legitimately claim that they're using only Swampy's Shrunkland settings, you're going to have to get the original 0.2.7.0 settings (which were very different from any Shrunkland settings with which you kids are familiar)—and even those became the result of the collective input from folks like myself and eggcozy.

We also now have that "nub" kid having ripped off the current Shrunkland's physics settings for his "nubland" sumo server. Didn't ask, and no acknowledgment, of course. Gotta spite me, right.

Don't you little jerks have anything better to do with your summers? Don't you know what real juvenile delinquency entails? I'll give you a clue: It doesn't involve lame little trolling stunts on the internet, some online video game and forums, or a youtube account. Seriously, you're beyond pathetic.
oh my bad I was asking z-man not you. Sorry for the mistake.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Oh, shit, I realized what I forgot:

[lock]This thread![/lock]
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

If they were trying to piss you off, they succeeded, and instead of scaring them away and encouraging them to do more productive things with their lives, you've reinforced their silly efforts and helped to ensure they'll keep doing them.

Thanks, you've been a big help, Phytotron.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Right, it's my fault they're even still here, and people keep making excuses for them. :roll: Maybe we can retroactively blame the "ID Drama" on me as well.

If you have a better, practicable solution for stamping out this kind of crap that's become the norm in this community, I'd love to hear it. But the "don't feed the troll, just ignore it" mantra won't be any more successful.

And, I'm not "pissed off." This and they aren't deserving of that level of response.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Phytotron(Phytotron), grow up. If you have a problem with the server, then come to respectfully, not like your usual attention-whoring/trolling self. When you're ready to come to me like an adult and not like the little whinny person that you are, then we'll talk about changing the settings/server options to please you. If you can't do that, then you have nothing else to say to me. Of course you'll say some witty comeback meant to offend me and/or my clan, but I'll probably ignore it and keep you on my ignored list. :)
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

I asked Taz a couple of questions in game, but never ended up getting an answer. Well, to be fair, I got an answer to a couple of them, but he must have missed the last one which was the pivotal one.

What exactly is the point of the creation of this server? The answer that I received was that, because he, Taz, had been "banned by association" he, Taz, had wanted to continue to play in those settings. However, doesn't this (armagetronad.net)clone solve that issue?
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Paladin wrote:I asked Taz a couple of questions in game, but never ended up getting an answer. Well, to be fair, I got an answer to a couple of them, but he must have missed the last one which was the pivotal one.

What exactly is the point of the creation of this server? The answer that I received was that, because he, Taz, had been "banned by association" he, Taz, had wanted to continue to play in those settings. However, doesn't this (armagetronad.net)clone solve that issue?
No they have different settings.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Try as you might to "flip the script," Taz, you're transparent. Pot, kettle, hypocrite. Not to mention dense (or dishonest), as my objections have already been voiced in this thread and others. What goes for the nyx "clone" and Luck's "tourney" goes for your ripoff (I suppose you're admitting now it has nothing to do with "temporarily testing settings for the tourney"). Get it?

Respect isn't demanded and received. It's earned. Your long-established character and actions—since even before I became active again and subsequently began calling out you little punks—have earned you disrespect. And you've done nothing substantive to undo that. Disingenuous, sporadic, selective P.R. put out only to cajole and get your way doesn't cut it.

With respect to your assertion that I'm an "attention whore," I would be quite satisfied if you and your crew stopped giving me your brand of attention. You may want to consider that your collective, persistent, unprovoked antagonism, and doing things like putting up a ripoff server that is largely designed by and identified with me, done so primarily for the purpose of taunting me, kinda goes against that notion.

Tazmania wrote:I'll probably ignore it and keep you on my ignored list. :)
Good thing you're demanding I respond to you, then. :roll: