My ban on Shrunkland

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

TaZ
Round Winner

Re: Shrunkland

Post by TaZ »

Phytotron wrote:You sent me one PM back on April 7th, and you and I both know it was not on the subject of the ban, nor could it have been as the ban was issued about a week after that. Given that it was an ostensibly private message I won't repeat its specific contents here, but not only wasn't it (or could it have been) about any ban, it didn't even have anything to do with yourself. So, don't try to portray the situation as though you've made several private, civil overtures but have been ignored and rebuffed by mean old Phytotron, and so you felt no other recourse but to make a public posting about it. That's the sort of disingenuous crap that will preclude any sympathy—or reconsideration of you and your gang's reputation—from me, and should from others as well.

No, the ban is not based upon the thesaurus remark; that would be petty. At the moment, frankly, it's based on your association with Mecca and Luck and their persistent poor behaviour, culminating in one particular evening's activities in the server, in which you at least partially participated. My patience ran out, and I levied the bans. (Worth mentioning here that Luck has on at least one occasion saw fit to get around it by apparently using a proxy.)

Yes, guilt by association, although with some measure of your participation as well—as at least an "accomplice," I suppose. That's what happens when you join some videogame clan/gang whose distinguishing characteristic is to be a bunch of (and I'm getting to be a broken record here) delinquent, malicious, sadistic nuisances, at best. I'm fed up with it. And don't give me this "but we're the new vcl now!" jive. The proof is in the pudding, not the P.R.

Note that all this would be the case—no small point here—whether I was the target or not.

That said, even prior to your posting here, I was planning on reducing your ban to a much shorter temporary one, or possibly lifting it with an admonition; I just hadn't got around to it yet. (Reportedly, the servers are moving this very night, and I intended to deal with it afterwards.) But I repeat, and this for anyone reading to understand as well: You did not once contact me about the situation, as you should have, prior to making this topic, else you would've learned that.

Mecca and Luck, however, are indefinitely banned until I'm sufficiently satisfied they've learned how to behave like halfway decent human beings—not only toward me, but everyone. And I mean genuine change, not some act just to slide past the forum or server moderators.

Now, let me go ahead and take this opportunity to make a statement that anyone who has a legitimate question about, or disagreement with, a ban or such is welcome to PM me about it (rather than flinging dirty laundry all over the forum, and subjecting it to predictable "flames"), provided it's done so in an honest and civil manner.

By the way, Shrunkland isn't one of Z-Man's Test Servers. This topic belongs under Breakfast. It should also be renamed to something relevant to the content, as a casual passerby may take it as a source of general Shrunkland information, which it clearly is not.
Ok thanks, a mod can lock this thread now.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: My ban on Shrunkland

Post by epsy »

We don't lock on request :) If you feel like it is done and doesn't need anything else, stop posting in it at first.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

epsy wrote:We don't lock on request :) If you feel like it is done and doesn't need anything else, stop posting in it at first.
Ok, thanks epsy. :roll:
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Phytotron wrote:Do the rest of you kiddos think you can restrain yourselves from turning this into a flaming playground?
Rather condescending.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Just couldn't resist, could you. But what took you so long?

Carry on with the mentality and behaviour of a rotten kid, and I'll refer to and treat you as one.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

I was also wondering Phytotron..how old are you?
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Awesome, let's just let this topic get better and better...
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Let's not. This topic is over and done with. Expired, resolved, finished. It is an ex-topic. It shouldn't have even been made in the first place, and little to nothing else can be (or has been) added to it that would be in any way constructive, or anything short of worthless spam, flaming, trolling, etc. So zip your figurative lips and move on.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Phytotron loves the attention, he can have +1 post each time it happens to get to his goal of 9001 posts.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Lizmatic wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Do the rest of you kiddos think you can restrain yourselves from turning this into a flaming playground?
Rather condescending.
A self-fulfilling prophecy at worst.

Thread locked. As I said, in issues like this the admin is right by default. And while I personally don't agree with Phytotron's more-provocative-than-strictly-necessary posting style, he is right about at least some of you. Grow up. Again, no formal warnings, because in retrospect, this thread should have been locked right away, forcing TaZ and Phytotron back into PM mode.