3 Swamplands?

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

3 Swamplands?

Post by dlh »

I'm seeing on my server list two Swampland in 2.7.1s servers running + Swampland in 2.7.0. :?:
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: 3 Swamplands?

Post by Lucifer »

nemostultae wrote:I'm seeing on my server list two Swampland in 2.7.1s servers running + Swampland in 2.7.0. :?:
lol. I probably should have told swampy of my latest changes, he probably restarted the server on his console when he noticed it not running.

Swampy, can you send me another email? I don't have your email address on my laptop, which is why I didn't email you about it....

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
ROCK
Average Program

Post by ROCK »

thats funny, I saw two Microbuss' and even two of my own server, but I checked my procceses, and i'm only running one. The weird thing about microbuss was, the same people showed up in each one. Something funny might be going on. :o
Swampy
Core Dumper

Re: 3 Swamplands?

Post by Swampy »

Lucifer wrote:
nemostultae wrote:I'm seeing on my server list two Swampland in 2.7.1s servers running + Swampland in 2.7.0. :?:
lol. I probably should have told swampy of my latest changes, he probably restarted the server on his console when he noticed it not running.

Swampy, can you send me another email? I don't have your email address on my laptop, which is why I didn't email you about it....
That about sums it up :P

All fixed now :wink:
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

ROCK wrote:thats funny, I saw two Microbuss' and even two of my own server, but I checked my procceses, and i'm only running one. The weird thing about microbuss was, the same people showed up in each one. Something funny might be going on. :o
Same here
microbus
Core Dumper

Post by microbus »

yeah, I saw two microbus ones too, had lots of questions about it,
no idea why... though my Arma server moved to a new rack on
Sunday, but the other one is gonzo... and yeah same players,
but different pings lol.
And some people don't see the microbus server on the master list
at all.. .so really screwy :roll:
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Is microbuscity running the current CVS? Because there, the default for dedicated servers currently is to bind to several IPs/Ports. Only one of the IP/Port combinations is registered with the master, but the old server registration may still be around, and the master and server browser think the two ways to reach the same server are different servers, because the server does not send any form of ID code. (which would be a bad idea probably, because it certainly will be fakeable).

Edit: indeed, there are two swamplands in the master server list, both for IP 64.34.162.82, one on port 4534, one on port 4535. The real master server reports that they did not answer for some time (therefore, users don't get them when they request the list), the two new test masters say everything is fine. I'll start a CVS test server and see how that is appearing on the master list.

Edit^2: Now the two old addresses have pinged out and there's a single new entry 69.44.154.47:4534 that appears to be working. The CVS server seems to be working fine, too. Perhaps there's unexpected stuff happening when you upgrade from a previous version to the current CVS version without changing your IP?
microbus
Core Dumper

Post by microbus »

yeah... antix moved microbuscity back to the original rack...
so now it only appears once in the master list :D