Player profiles on the Breakfast off the Grid website

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

Player profiles on the Breakfast off the Grid website

Post by Lucifer »

So I'm making player profiles in the Breakfast off the Grid website instead of reviewing for my math final or writing my A paper for Comp I. Oops.

Here's what I've got so far:
http://breakfast.servegame.com/index.ph ... yer=chills

I'm picking on Chills because he's at the top of the ladder. :)

Obviously you have to register to be on this page, but I don't know what all to put there. Here's what I was thinking:

1. Other aliases he goes under (determined by what names he registers. So if you want to keep other names a secret, *don't* register them) and their ranks.

2. Some player-written comments. I could use some help coming up with what types of comments, or I could just make a general field for it. I know other sites do things like "Favorite food while playing", "Favorite music while playing", etc.

3. Votes for several aspects of play, so people who visit the site can vote on each other as players, including sportsmanship, mazing, speed, overall ability to win, overall fun to play, funny, etc. I could use some help dreaming up categories here. :) And also how to rank them.

4. Avatar. Since this won't get used anywhere else, there's not a lot of reason to have it, but I think it would be cool. :)

Anything else that belongs? Obviously the statsig is pretty standard, I actually want to make a way for server admins to configure the statsig for their server and use the server admin settings for the individual servers and the player's settings for the aggregate.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
ROCK
Average Program

Post by ROCK »

if people actually got involved you could have likes, and dislikes, maybe even an actual photo of the person, that would be nice, (to see the face of the jerk who keeps knocking you out) I like the idea of having the other aliases that’s cool. If you really want to go for cahoots, you could have their highest spot ever on the overall ladder, that would be nice to have a everlasting notice of your greatest achievement, (in AA that is (hopefully)). I guess that’s all I got, tis a supreme idea though. I hope it pans out. :wink:
Thak
Average Program

Post by Thak »

ROCK wrote:If you really want to go for cahoots, you could have their highest spot ever on the overall ladder, that would be nice to have a everlasting notice of your greatest achievement, (in AA that is (hopefully)).
I think that is a good idea.

Also maybe have a player able to leave comments on other players, like, "watch out for this guy, hes a quintuple binder" etc.