Armarocktron1.0

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Ah, wow you are young, I thought I was one of the youngest here. You are still old enough apprciate any mega man game, There are like 5 genres of it too, but none of them can beat the original.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Im starting more work on 1.5, and I want comments on whether I should put Semi-transparent walls, possibly Opacity to 60% so you get the wall, all but the mega man sprites will be somewhat see through, I'll post a screen shot if requested.
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

u don't have the original game with emulator or just PC compatible??? that would be handy :P

LOL, Zapple is even jounger, so is Ageofmyself :P
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

buh? I have the original game if thats what your asking, and the emulator and it on the Anniversary collection for ps2
If you asking how i made the pack, I used the emulator and rom and took multple screen shots from about 3-4 of the games, im not quite sure.

There is more than one mega man game, in the original series there is a totaly of 9

1-6 on NES
7 and Megaman and Bass on SNES
8 on Playstation and Sega Saturn.

Note: The anniversary collection has pretty much of these games cept M&B and is for ps2 and GC
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

then i would have 2 buy a PS2 and the game so u don't have it for pc?
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Of course I do, How else would I have made the mod?

look, I wont send it to you, however, I can give you a url to get the games,

I suggest playing any of 2-6, one is just rediculously hard, and obnoxious. If you get an snes emulator 7 is a must have.

I'll PM the URL
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

OK, so this is an old thread, but I actually just now discovered it. That's awesome, Dr Joe. I consider MegaMan one of the best games for NES, and I recognize every scene in it, heh. It also reminded me of the moviepack for GLTron that's based on Super Mario World. So yeah, cool.

By the way, how do you extract the sound effects from the ROMs?
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Yes! I'm glad this is alive again.

To answer your question, some of the emulators let you do wav dumps and i just ran through sound test dumped the sound i wanted, edited it with microsoft sound recorder, and done.

However most of them I had to record my own by the good ole "Hold the microphone to a loud speaker" method and just editing the sound in the wav dump.

Expect this to live again by the end of the year or beginning of the next year. I'll hopefully have the 3d model done by then.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Oh, ok, I see. I use RockNES -- seems to be the best NES emulator for Mac. It has the ability to record movies, but not just dump a simple wav (there may be some workaround, but I've never actually recorded a movie). And then SNES9x has what it called "music box," where it'll just play the music and sounds without the actual game running, but it doesn't dump into a wav either. Oh well.

I do know there are these extracted video game sound/music files and players at ocremix.org (which anyone should check out if they're not already familiar), but I haven't messed with any of it. Other sites have stuff too, which are linked at ocremix.

As for a 3D model, that oughtta be cool. In the meantime I've inserted the StarFox model into it, heh.

Of course, what with my fps issues I can't really use moviepacks since they cause a big hit, but I'll use it someplace like Breakfast in Hell or ish where I get a higher framerate -- still tends to knock me down from the 20's and 30's into the teens, though. :cry:
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

I also have rockNES, I made all of my sprite sheets out of that just by tacking a billion screen shots. Its going to be a very simple bike model, very very low polygons. The best way to describe it. It is going to be a mega man shapped Sheet of Bullet Proof Glass. :o
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Hey, I just had a thought that what might be cool as the cycle model would be to have it be one of the Rush bots -- you know, his little dog buddy that can turn into a rocket-ski, or whatever.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

You know now that you mention it, that doesnt sound like a bad Idea!

I think it would actually have a comedic affect too, since it will have mega man running after it. --Perhaps I should change the bike tail too to make it look like he is really chasing after Rush.

I also should get 3dmax and learn how to make this again.

BTW: I will also make a new thread when 2 is completed.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

DrJoeTr0n wrote:I think it would actually have a comedic affect too, since it will have mega man running after it.
Ha! I remember sometimes feeling that way when playing the game, when you'd not get on in time and he'd just take off, heh. Bad doggie!
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Haha....yes...yes i can definatly see this being done in rock2 should i get around to it. Sprites are my specialty. :P.....but who isn't?
/|\{!MNK¡} GHUG
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by /|\{!MNK¡} GHUG »

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

(i downloaded it before i knew it was joe so its not a byist opinion)
The answer to life the universe and everyithing is not 42, its 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288