Unifying style

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Unifying style

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:Can't click the "Start" button, but just looking at the results, I strongly question this "masculine/feminine preference." Also, perhaps this should be split.
It looks like maybe the research window is closed. I wish they described what they mean by masculine/feminine, but I guess we'll have to wait and read the published paper, whenever and wherever that is.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I just got done watching Tron: Uprising, the animated series that lasted only one season, which is too bad because it's actually really good. Better than Legacy. The art direction is absolutely brilliant and nearly every frame of the show is spectacular. It's like they realized everything that was terrible about Legacy and fixed it. Some of the writing and acting is a little weak, but the characters are engaging and the color palettes are dazzling. Very inspirational. I've been working on a new Rim Wall based around my impression of the show and I'm quite happy with what I've got so far. It's not finished. I'll release it along with my new matching bike skin and cockpit in a few weeks.

Here is one of hundreds of excellent shots from Uprising:
Attachments
uprising.png
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Phytotron wrote:
Also, the original TRON took place on a mainframe. Armagetron takes place on individual servers on the internet. Obviously that's something we should consider, a more distributed system with wormholes/teleporters/etc that enables programs to quickly interface with other systems. The closest the movie got to that was the big sail ship.
Servers are still physical locations with all the various bits. They're just connected by tubes...I mean, wires.
I'd like a wormhole metaphor of sorts just so we can do a little animation when joining/leaving a server that's like the wormhole sequences in both Farscape and Stargate. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lucifer wrote:...we can do a little animation when joining/leaving a server that's like the wormhole sequences in both Farscape and Stargate. :)
Or like, you know, the animation in TRON where Flynn gets sucked int the Shiva Laser...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

sinewav wrote:
Lucifer wrote:...we can do a little animation when joining/leaving a server that's like the wormhole sequences in both Farscape and Stargate. :)
Or like, you know, the animation in TRON where Flynn gets sucked int the Shiva Laser...
That's not programs joining a server, that's a User getting digitized.

I really want to shit-can the User religion. Seriously. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

The fruits of my labor (x-post).