Stereoscopic

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
Berserker

Stereoscopic

Post by Berserker »

I wonder if there is a way to make 2 diffrent "viewangles" from the game at the same time.
I know that i can change my view from down to up and from inside to behind. mmm is there a way for left or right also?

If not, i would love it if u would make that in a future version

And, if there is a way for changeing the viewangel to left or right - is there a way to show the 1 view in red colors and the othere view in cyan ?

If not, i would love it if u would make that happend in a future version.....

ArmagetronAd, in stereoscopic red cyan, would be a real cool thing. 8)

greatings from
Berserker
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." from William Gibson - Neuromancer

Strip away the technology, the jacking in, the cyberspace decks, the body modifications, and the black markets from Neuromancer, and you'll find camouflaged ghosts, demons, gods, zombies, vampires, evil magicians, voodoo priests, and golems. (Wes Unruh)
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Stereoscopic

Post by Jonathan »

Didn't wrtlprnft make something like this a long time ago? Does anyone know where that went?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's in the trunk code, controlled by the CAMERA_EYE_ family of settings.
Berserker

CAMERA_EYS

Post by Berserker »

Z-Man wrote:It's in the trunk code, controlled by the CAMERA_EYE_ family of settings.
i found something in a user_3_1.cfg .... but this CAMERA_EYE settings brings me a COMAND UNKNOWN on the screan. and if i write CAMERA_EYE in the console, the console tells me that there are no CAMERA_EYS settings at all

dont they work with the newer versions of arma?
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." from William Gibson - Neuromancer

Strip away the technology, the jacking in, the cyberspace decks, the body modifications, and the black markets from Neuromancer, and you'll find camouflaged ghosts, demons, gods, zombies, vampires, evil magicians, voodoo priests, and golems. (Wes Unruh)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's not just CAMERA_EYE. It's the whole family of settings:

Code: Select all

CAMERA_EYE_1_COLOR           The color mask of the first eye of the camera. 1 is red, 2 is green, 4 is blue, any sum of these values means more than one color
CAMERA_EYE_1_COLOUR          camera_eye_1_colour_help
CAMERA_EYE_2_COLOR           The color mask of the second eye of the camera. 1 is red, 2 is green, 4 is blue, any sum of these values means more than one color
CAMERA_EYE_2_COLOUR          camera_eye_2_colour_help
CAMERA_EYE_DISTANCE          The distance between the two eyes of the camera. Set this to 0 to disable 3D rendering
usually, "CAMERA_EYE_DISTANCE 1", or some smaller value depending on your 3d tolerance, should do what you want. I don't know right now which versions support it.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

yeah i understand that with the "family" of settings :) but the compleet family dosend work with armagetron 2.8 up to 2.8.3 ..... and i couldnd find any older versions. once i had some older but i put them into nirvana (cause i never believed i need them anymore) ..... mmmmmm .....

can it be that the story ends here ???? :(

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ah. Well, it's definitely not in any of the 0.2.8 versions. If it's in user_3_1.cfg, then it probably already is in some build of 0.3.x you have or had at one point, maybe the 0.3.1 test builds we did a while back, maybe some later build.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

ah ok .... i found it. it is this .3.0 beta version
and CAMERA_EYE_DISTANCE 0.01 up to 0.9 works fine

but the cam is so slow in that version :(
and i dont get a key for the console :(

but it works in 3D

so thanks for help

PS: will this featur come in the next versions? (hope so)

|Berserker

Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

For those wondering what he is talking about, like I was, here is a screenshot:
screenshot_136.png
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

i believe that you set the "distance" to high. so it looks to doubled.
i prefer something around 0.008 to 0.01

(remember - u need 3d glassesto see the right efect - red cyan)
screenshot_1.png

kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Berserker wrote:remember - u need 3d glassesto see the right efect - red cyan)
or you can set

Code: Select all

CAMERA_EYE_1_COLOR  
CAMERA_EYE_2_COLOR

also http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =4&t=17861 would be the topic about it
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

kyle wrote:
Berserker wrote:remember - u need 3d glassesto see the right efect - red cyan)
i just mean the picture - to see it right.

to stop 3D better set
CAMERA_EYE_DISTANCE 0

but thanks for this viewtopic - i got mostly lost in forums :)