Hailme> Need a tron legacy bike rider.

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
Hailme
On Lightcycle Grid
Location: Milky Way>Virgo Super Cluster>Orions Arm>World>North America

Hailme> Need a tron legacy bike rider.

Post by Hailme »

Possibly the know how to make a look alike tron rider like off tron legacy. I know its out there just need a little help knowing how to make it work . Thanks. Possibly an upload of a nice tron bike with a rider? any and all would help thx.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void.
And darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light. And there was light. And God saw the light that it was good and God divided light from the darkness.
Hailme
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Hailme> Need a tron legacy bike rider.

Post by Hailme »

right on man
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light. And there was light. And God saw the light that it was good and God divided light from the darkness.
Hailme
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Hailme »

How do I get the .ase bike to work????
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

create a moviepack folder in your arma directory and insert the cycle
(and please read the wiki or search the forum before you are going to start a topic for every single question ;) )
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Your location interestingly skips our solar system.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Yeah, and we're in the Virgo Supercluster (which contains the Local Group). The Milky Way isn't in "Andromeda." That's like saying I live in Wisconsin, Illinois. Also, you might mention that we're in the Orion Arm, since the Milky Way is pretty big.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

he also skips from North America to midwest and from midwest to Indianapolis, so he's consistent.
VerdePunk

Post by VerdePunk »

Hmm I can't seem to get the lightcycle model to work. I've already followed all the instructions on the installation guide that came with the Tron Legacy Movie Pack folder but the cycle just won't appear. :/

I already double-checked to make sure my settings.cfg is in my config folder. Also, I did not have a cycle.ASE file in the models folder before this.
Word

Post by Word »

After you have opened AA, go to system setup -> misc and enable moviepacks.
VerdePunk

Post by VerdePunk »

Hmm it's already enabled but the lightcycle still isn't showing. :(

I'm using Mac btw.
Word

Post by Word »

if you have copied the cycle.ase in the right folder (with the textures in it) and the textures show after you have enabled it, you need to wait for a new round before the cycle is changed. if the textures don't show as well, you used the wrong folder.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Assuming you referring to the "moviepack" linked to above, I don't see any "instructions on the installation guide that came with the Tron Legacy Movie Pack folder." So, my first question is, is this indeed the "moviepack" of which you speak? If so, to what instructions and installation guide are you referring? There are none there.

What I see is an archive of four items: bike.png, title.jpg, dir_wall.png, and cycle.ase. That is not a complete moviepack. Those are elements for a moviepack.

Every moviepack must have a settings.cfg in order to be loaded by the game, but there are two different (in terms of content) files that go by that name.* One is in the config folder, but that's concerned with game settings and whatnot. That's not the one you need be concerned with here. You must have the other type settings.cfg file within the moviepack folder itself. If you don't have a moviepack folder, you must create one.
Also, I did not have a cycle.ASE file in the models folder before this.
That's because they don't go in the 'models' folder. The 'models' folder is for when the default textures are in use (moviepack disabled)—i.e., the dune-buggy-lookin' thing. You shouldn't even be looking in or modifying the 'Contents' of the application of itself.

For the umteenth time (obviously, not toward you specifically, but on this forum—and you should've searched), when using a Mac, the moviepack folder (named as such) should be placed:

~/Library/Application Support/Armagetron Advanced/moviepack

The ~ is your user home folder, if you don't already know.

All that said, that particular cycle model is rather large, more for show, and impractical for actual gameplay. You might want to try the one the Tr2n Origins people made, instead.

* Suggestion to developers: In the future, rename the one for the moviepack to settings_moviepack.cfg. I realise there were be a slight backwards compatibility issue, unless I suppose you had the game recognise the old ones as well. Whatever, however. Redundancy, superfluity, that kind of stuff should be teased out.
VerdePunk

Post by VerdePunk »

I got the installation guide from an old Tron: Legacy moviepack thread created back in 2009.

BTW I just created a moviepack folder and it works now! Thanks!
But now I have a new problem... the wall texture isn't showing. :o

http://img262.imageshack.us/i/picture8u.png/
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

You have to turn wall textures on in the menu.