Accepting requests for models/mods/conversions/import-export

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

.blend

It used to be a binary dump of whatever was in memory and wasn't cross-platform at all. They've recently changed it to a text format of some sort.

that's all I know. ;)
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

hmm, if its text now, i wonder if theres a blend2ase converter yet?

is .blend the only thing it will export to by default?

haha! found a couple

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Import___Export.5.0.html

theres a .3ds exporter there at the top, & a couple .obj converters towards the bottom..

one of the .obj ones supports conversion with texturemapping intact, dunno about the .3ds one, but either one would work prolly.. then i could convert your blender to .ase

(i didnt see any .ase exporters for blender :/ )

-------------
bummer, most the links are dead, but heres the plugin for .obj export with textures intact:

damn it all to hell!!! i coulda sworn 3dmax had .obj import/export features built in, guess i better go hunt a plugin.. then i will make a moviepack.obj for y'all to mess with & post it here
Attachments
obj_io_modif232b.zip
a .obj import/export plugin for blender
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

heres the moviepack bike in .obj format

it will be 30x too small, & the normals will all be inside out when u get it in blender, however, the mapping shoudl be intact & will only need a material applied to it to see the texture intact.. blah blah

so anways,.. now we should be able to cross the max/blender platform & i can export .ase for anyone who needs :wink:

(btw.. a FREE program called zmodelor will export to .3ds with texturemaps intact, & is specificly for vehicle modeling & vehicle game editing.. if anyone wants to try that road)
Attachments
mvpckcyc-obj.zip
the moviepack bike in .obj format
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
FistOfFury
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by FistOfFury »

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/index.php

Go to that forum if you need help with something about Blender, or .blend file specs. It's more or less the official forum, since it's linked from Blender3D's site, so the people on there might know. The Blender devs post there too sometimes.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

I'm thinking of redoing the recognizer model 1 more time with a couple variations,..

I'm going to add a thing so it looks like a win/kill zone , prolly release 2 of those, like 1 red & 1 green or so, or mebbe just leave it mapped with the glowing .png edges as well as a hardwired red map for it, .. and fix the chestplate, the way i mapped it isnt visible on all videocard, some show no normals textured on that peice.. blah..

anyone still interested in making it a killzone?

http://forums.armagetronad.net/download.php?id=796

http://forums.armagetronad.net/download.php?id=807

titnass:

SERVER_NAME 0xff0000TïNÿ0x00ff00TàRÐ0x0000ffLánÐ0xffffff!!!!!

:)

ppl will show up like a moe!
Last edited by SuPeRTaRD on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

supertard return!
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

So then, is the idea that the recognizer would come up after awhile like the zone does now, and would then fly around the arena with I guess the area beneath it acting as the kill zone? I tell you what, that sounds damn good to me, especially if it would actually move around the arena—sound effects and all.

Or is there some other approach in mind?
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

tard my sig (from sab) is you :)
Damn, it sure has been a while!
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

well, either as a temporary replacement of the KILL zone graphics, or, idealy, yes, it would turn towards the nearest player & then proceed towards them slowly. floating above the grid & trails, .. like in the movie

someone was gonna code that, but.. i belive they're on a long atron hiatus

the mesh needs a little tweaking either way..

i could surround its base with bloody razorblades so it still looks kinda like a red circular killzone ;p

i need to lower its grip axis too, so if its a direct replacement of the killzone it will grow upwards & not into the floor..

blah blah..

so i should fix it right?

we could put something simlar in the winzone a solar sailer or something.. *shrugs* a trondisk?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

The solar sailer would be the appropriate model for the winzone, since that's how they made their escape, eh. What would also be thematically consistent would be to have it be that thing that Tron steps into to send his disc up through that beam. Heh, whatever that is. You know what I'm talking about if you've seen the film. Even cooler, an animation of the cycle disappearing and a disc flying up the beam.
Master2112

Post by Master2112 »

Can you make a snail-shaped bike? if you can, can you send it to [email protected]? (i'm not online that much.)
This is MY message to the world: "****."
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Master2112 wrote:Can you make a snail-shaped bike? if you can, can you send it to [email protected]? (i'm not online that much.)
Hi Master,

Welcome to the forums.

If someone made the model and emailed to you, then nobody else would get to enjoy it. Wouldn't it be better to have the model on the forum, for everybody to enjoy?

Notice that the most recent post before your own is dated from 2005. I think that offer should be considered expired by now.

/philippe
Canis meus id comedit.