Accepting requests for models/mods/conversions/import-export

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

hey supertard check out this concept bike i drew dunno if you want to consider making it just thought it would look cool and thought i would share my idea/concept ... kinda drew a rough sketch those familiar with cad or drafting(probobly others as well) will get the jist of how it would look
Attachments
idea.JPG
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

i'll give it a go if you want, it's a plow?

:P

any preferance on colors/textures ?

btw, thx for hunting down most the bike links for the bike thread, i didnt know where to start
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Looks like a spaceship I used to make out of paper. A variation on the jumping frog, actually.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

actually i was kind of inspired by a dune buggy i think but hey art is in the eye of the beholder or something like that. I dont know why but i thought i wouldnt put front wheels on it. Googled up a picture

www.fallontourism.com/media/Dunebuggy.sm.jpg

If you want to take a shot at building it that would be cool, if you dont thats ok, just kinda wanted to share my idea

and yeah no problem i didnt mind sorting and taking snapshots it gave me time to put flames on most of the bike models lol. I did a couple skins with racing stripes too that you guys didnt see because i trashed them when i saw how bad they looked.I still cant skin that triangle bike though its wierd how it maps the .png

edited: link didnt work
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

i'll build it no problem.. just gimme a few days,..

be cool if i could make flames or air or something shoot out the front stablizers.. i'll prolly just make them end about 6" off the floor like they're hovering, & you can imagine your own reason why they're in the air? or u want them down on the floor?

should the frame look metalic?

any other colors preferances for the panels & wheels or anything?
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

I am currently working on Your_mom's custom bike.

MOM, CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES! ;p
(theres a screener of what it looks like so far 4 U)

also, I've been fiddling around with the skin for the default bike..

moms bike should be done in a week or so, it looks really cool!

that is all..
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

520 triangles

i woulda added the strings for the panels, but that woulda been another
136 polygons at least..

i'm gonna go ahead & release this,... if you wanna tweak it & re-release it, s'ok

cuz after all, its a request, & i bothered to make it, so i'll bother to release it.... you dint tell me otherwize

guess i'll name it too

*shrugs*

the panels, wheel edges, & hover cones glow the color of your bike :twisted:
Attachments
enigma.zip
unzip to moviepack folder
(147.38 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
enigma.jpg
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

could you make a supermarket shopping trolly full of goods ? :lol:

Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

yes!, i cant make it rear-wheel steering tho sadly..

:cry:

i could make the rear wheels steer like the one in your pic on a DIFF platform tho..

;p

anyways, u really want me to make u a cart?

i know where one is already, i could just convert it for a-tron.

theres already a shopping cart car on this platform:
man those wheels look cool spinning!!!!!!!!
Attachments
enigmarv.jpg
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

SuPeRTaRD wrote: the panels, wheel edges, & hover cones glow the color of your bike :twisted:
Um, is there a way to put this in the models directory instead? :) (I'm not using the moviepack directory because of the blue floor bug, and even though I know how to fix it from another thread, I haven't)
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

nope, nobodys worked around the .mod issue as far as i know.

ser's mod armasmegmod fixes the blue floor moviepack bug.

(as far as i know)

say, satan ol' pal, wanna some help texturing hellmod? i have a cliff texture that i was gonna use for a level, but never did, its original texture edited from soemthign i took with digital camera.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:nope, nobodys worked around the .mod issue as far as i know.
Didn't Klax or somebody hack the sources to take an ase extension and it worked fine? So theoretically I could just change the extension to .mod and it would be fine.
Super Retard wrote: ser's mod armasmegmod fixes the blue floor moviepack bug.
Windows only. I could fix it and recompile, but I admit I'm being lazy about it. Also, when I compiled AA myself, it didn't build in optimizations and ran at half the FPS. I haven't pursued this because I don't really have time to work on it. :(
Super Retard wrote: say, satan ol' pal, wanna some help texturing hellmod? i have a cliff texture that i was gonna use for a level, but never did, its original texture edited from soemthign i took with digital camera.
Send it my way and I'll see how it looks. :) I want something that looks like the Cliffs of Insanity because those are damn near perfect. The only problem is the mist, making the texture look too blurry, so I need a texture that doesn't have the mist. I'd like some fancy depth trick done so the cliffs look off in the distance even when you're up against the wall, and have like a little stone wall at the bottom so the optical illusion will be mostly hidden. It'll still be obviously an illusion from different places in the grid, but that's fine. Short of rendering an actual cliff face I have to settle with something like that.

But you have proposed an interesting solution. :) I could go down to Zilker, rent a canoe, and then paddle it over to the 360 bridge (*puff* *puff*) and take snaps of the bluffs there. Lots of possibilities, I should have bought a new camera before I left Seattle, I saw lots of good cliffs along the way. :(

For the cycle walls, I'm wanting something that looks like an oil or gasoline fire, animated if possible, but probably not. So the proper transparencies in the right places is fine.

The floor I'd like to have as water, stillwater specifically (no waves at all), like a stagnant pond or something.

The sky I want to look like the sky in the Courts of Chaos from the Chronicles of Amber, which is a banded sky iirc. Green and black, I think, preferably with Chaos itself visible in the distance.

And the cycle model needs to be very low-poly, but I want a wooden-looking skiff that floats above the water without actually contacting the water itself, and a little spout on the back like a rocket, that should go smoothly with the fire being left behind.

(obviously my concept of 'hell' looks a little different than traditional visuals)

I'm capable of beating on the textures themselves, but I'm not very good with 2d art. If there were a blender->armagetron converter (and the ase converter might work, I'll have to try it) then I can do the cycle model. I tried mom's flame for the walls and it's good, in fact it's what gave me the inspiration for the walls I'm targetting. The key problems are going to be having the grid wall blend smoothly with the sky (maybe you can just alpha the area above the cliffs?) and getting the water texture to look convincing. I don't want an actual grid at all on the floor.

So, I suppose I'm taking submissions for any/all of this stuff. :) If you can make a floor texture that works with the blue floor bug, so much the better.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

thanks supertard you rock

awsome work, thanks :D
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

Lucifer wrote:
SuPeRTaRD wrote:nope, nobodys worked around the .mod issue as far as i know.
Didn't Klax or somebody hack the sources to take an ase extension and it worked fine? So theoretically I could just change the extension to .mod and it would be fine.

um.. pretty sure i tested that, & nope, hmm, mebbe i dint test on 2.7 yet..
blah will check tomorrow

But you have proposed an interesting solution. :) I could go down to Zilker, rent a canoe, and then paddle it over to the 360 bridge (*puff* *puff*) and take snaps of the bluffs there. Lots of possibilities, I should have bought a new camera before I left Seattle, I saw lots of good cliffs along the way. :(

my texture is of those bluffs, check your private msg for zip

And the cycle model needs to be very low-poly, but I want a wooden-looking skiff that floats above the water without actually contacting the water itself, and a little spout on the back like a rocket, that should go smoothly with the fire being left behind.

draw it for me? or edit a picture of one or whatever? can be VERY rough sketch.

I'm capable of beating on the textures themselves, but I'm not very good with 2d art. If there were a blender->armagetron converter (and the ase converter might work, I'll have to try it) then I can do the cycle model. I tried mom's flame for the walls and it's good, in fact it's what gave me the inspiration for the walls I'm targetting. The key problems are going to be having the grid wall blend smoothly with the sky (maybe you can just alpha the area above the cliffs?) and getting the water texture to look convincing. I don't want an actual grid at all on the floor.

i am the converter ;p
model it & send me .3ds i will export 4 you.

So, I suppose I'm taking submissions for any/all of this stuff. :) If you can make a floor texture that works with the blue floor bug, so much the better.
kewl, i'll keep in touch with you about this :)
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

i love to hijack threads lol

either way luci check out the floor in this pic and the cycle walls are these what you ment? again i wasnt sure
Attachments
still water esque? oil fire esque?
still water esque? oil fire esque?