Win32 Development

For developmental things relating to the graphics of the game.

Would you like to be able to change axis's while playing Armagetron Advanced?

Yes, that would be even more mind bending than the way it is.
25%
No, the game play is complex enough for me.
No votes
Maybe, I would have to try it first.
13%
Oh yeah and when your done doing that maybe the cycles could fly around and drop bird doodoo!
63%

Total votes: 8

siropolot

Win32 Development

Post by siropolot »

Gang,
Have any other win32 developers had issue with the winlibs source code files and there relative paths as referenced in the source? Not sure if I am approaching the problem correctly because I started fixing the problem from the code side by adding full paths to the header and source file refferences, this removed almost all of the build errors; I did this from the context of the supporting text file "windows_libraries.txt". Then I ran into the problem of the SDL.lib file being corrupted and that one kinda dead ended me. Any suggestions?
My overal goal, after getting familure with the code, is to create a variation of the game whare the walls and ceiling are viable play areas conjoined when the appropriate cycle-turning keyboard combination is applied. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
PS. This Game as it stands friggin rocks!!!
:o
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Perhaps one topic at a time? I don't know about any SDL corruption, and absolute paths are evil. It would be impossible, for example, to to have different versions of AA use different versions of Winlibs, which is required for building 0.2.8.X and 0.3.X releases. Not even mentioning the trouble that if I'd get to determine that absolute path, it'd start with E:\, which most of you don't even have.
siropolot

Win32 Development help

Post by siropolot »

z-man,
thanks for the prompt response and sorry about the blathering. Anyways, I totally agree in principal to the whole hard coded paths topic. I would never code like that, but I am just trying to get the dern thing to compile without errors at this point. I originally tried to open the project from the source binaries from SF, this was not even close to workable. I then figured out the whole SVN deal and got the latest source revisions. However the file structures recommended in the windows_library.txt file was not working correctly. Maybe if your could point me to the correct or more current instruction file I could stay out of your hair until I figure some things out.

Thanks! :o
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Currently, SVN trunk is pretty much broken for Windows, the regulars who could fix it are on "vacation". You should fetch 0.2.8 if you want to get your feet wet, the SVN URI is
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/arm ... ches/0.2.8
If you get the whole tree below that, you get everything you need. You then have to execute the batch file build_visualc/makedist.bat to generate the build directories, and after that, the project files in build_visualc and build_codeblocks should work. In codeblocks, you need to build the whole workspace or one project after the other from top to bottom, the version the project files are maintained with does not support dependencies.
siropolot

wein32 dev continued...

Post by siropolot »

z-man,
Thanks again. I had my suspicions about the SVN trunk, just wanted to get some feedback from those in the "know". I usually just use source safe which provides the source for latest successful build (when checkout +nolock). I will rollback to the version you suggested and report any discoveries. BTW I'm using VS.NET 2005, hopefully this wont jam up the whole works.

If I could just stop playen the game long enough to compose a productive thought.

siro- :o
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

I voted "Oh yeah and when your done doing that maybe the cycles could fly around and drop bird doodoo!"

I'm serious, too! :p
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

He is. He even volunteered his tongue to use as textures for the bird crap.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden