0.2.5.2 dedicated server

For the help you need with the old versions, 0.2.6.1 and down.
Oshtopp

0.2.5.2 dedicated server

Post by Oshtopp »

Simple question and hoping this can be answered. I run a dedicated server at times but notice the settings i set in the server consol dont save at all. Is there a way for the chages to take permanent effect when entering them in consol?

And not entirely sure on this but some settings i change in the dedicated server config file dont seem to take as well, but ill investigate that a bit further.

Im mainly trying to ge tthe dedicated server to run just like a non dedicated server when i play.

Thanks for any help.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

You can't save it. There are many bugs in tron, mostly in server hosting in my opinion, mabye I notice thoughs mostly because i'm an admin of a server, but my suggestion is to update to 2.7 and keep up to date with the new patches.
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Oshtopp

Post by Oshtopp »

I understand what your saying sadly. So changing the cfg from the armagetron file its self have issues as well? It seems things dont stick, for example, I turn off all AI bots for single and multiplayer but they always still seem to show up.
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

I could be wrong but I think you need to save your settings into a file called autoexec.cfg which will load when you start the server

well I know this works with 0.2.6.0 may work with 0.2.5.2 ?
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Oshtopp

Post by Oshtopp »

Autoexe.cfg!!!! Holy crap now I feel totally stupid heh. That should do it. thank you so much for the help.

I have played and owned this game for years now, but I just recently found it on one of my back up disks and that rekindled my lust for the game. Also go a few online buds addicted to it now.
iceman

Post by iceman »

Oshtopp wrote:Autoexe.cfg!!!! Holy crap now I feel totally stupid heh. That should do it. thank you so much for the help.

I have played and owned this game for years now, but I just recently found it on one of my back up disks and that rekindled my lust for the game. Also go a few online buds addicted to it now.
no problem, make sure you name it autoexec.cfg NOT autoexe.cfg
Oshtopp

Post by Oshtopp »

I know, its already a empty file so Im good to go. Ok how about this now. Any way to really dumb down the AI lower then 20? Im assuming its with the command to set it but leave a negative number.
iceman

Post by iceman »

theres a file call aiplayers.cfg (or something along those lines) in there you will find various parameters that control the ai's ability

with a little experimentation you will be able to come up with some really dumb ass ais lol