tString::RemoveStartColor()

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

tString::RemoveStartColor()

Post by Tank Program »

That (refering to subject) is the name of a function I added to remove the color info from the start of a string. No more stupid messed up thingies if we use it right!

subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Do you mean the 0xffffff stuff ?

This can be anywhere in a string. I noticed this to be a problem also, so all the rFont stuff i use always has a colour code to make sure it is that colour before putting it on screen. The font class i have noticed is a bit buggy. There is a function in rFont to strip colour information already from memory ( I might be wrong). If we introduce a bool into that class we should be able to prevent colour information to be used if we desire to.

ie. the rubbish that comes up when pressing tab with ppls colour codes in their names.

Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I also remembered that, I'll change it to "tString::StripColor()" and modify the function acordingly so that it just strips color, and of course the reason for making it was to fix the player screen- both in game and so that the dedicated server outputs to players.txt in a standardized format that won't be screwed up. And yes, I have the HUD code and my dedicated code now merged. I'm working on one source. Just a matter of getting CVS running. We're waiting for Marrow to wake up...

Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

On further thought, it might be possible to make a FixColor that simply changes the color information to the correct format for display so that it doesn't get all messed up.

Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Tank Program wrote:I'll change it to "tString::StripColor()" and modify the function acordingly so that it just strips color
I'll do that eventually... It'll be the type of thing where we see it could be useful and then use it in the code- like the score board. FixColor tho... hmmm...

n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

this is an important part of making armagetron 100% themeable/skinnable so i hope i'll see it some day as values in a config file (however the file part is not exactly a priority - i know :D)

SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

why?? hehe..

colored text is why i still race with 2.6

:twisted:

Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

This function no longer exists. The reason it existed in the first place is that color codes cause large portions of game text to misalign. Once this can be solved...

SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

yeh, its cool theres no color in peoples nicknames anymore.. that was kinda confusing when it screwed up stats..

i just miss the colored chat text, thats all..

i always told ppl they were lame for coloring thier nicknames.

SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

colored text needs to be disabled for the server listings too, in many peoples opinions..

and many people would like to see colored text return to the chat part of the game..

anyways... pushing back up, because server listings can still include color codes, afaik, not sure if this was missed or left intentionally..

BRING BACK CHAT COLORED TEXT!! ;p

Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

it's back & all working "properly" in cvs... just waiting for the next release