Armagetron on Steam

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
S0lutai
Average Program

Armagetron on Steam

Post by S0lutai »

Just thinking wouldn't it be cool to have this game featured on Steam? I know some people wouldn't care enough but I just think it could give it that push it needs to be popular since Steam is one of the most popular gaming companies around with lots of active players (well there's also xbox and psn but I just don't see that happening)
Also here's a link if you want to learn more http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Armagetron on Steam

Post by Ratchet »

"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Oh dang! Never thought someone figured it out just yet...
I still think it's an amazing idea and the game could definitely become something else, I mean look at it, fortress could easily become an eSport since it's really competitive, almost every aspect of the game is competition.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

I think the problem with tron ever becoming an eSport like you would hope is that from an outside perspective tron is incredibly dull to watch people play. No one has any idea what's going on it's just a giant cluster **** of players and walls, whereas games like Call of duty, Dota, League, people watch those games cause they know what's going on and it's fun and exciting to watch them. Still I think tron being on steam wouldn't be a bad idea, but I still don't think without the correct advertising it would change much.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Magi wrote:I think the problem with tron ever becoming an eSport like you would hope is that from an outside perspective tron is incredibly dull to watch people play. No one has any idea what's going on it's just a giant cluster **** of players and walls, whereas games like Call of duty, Dota, League, people watch those games cause they know what's going on and it's fun and exciting to watch them. Still I think tron being on steam wouldn't be a bad idea, but I still don't think without the correct advertising it would change much.
Just to say, that's pretty much a large part of the problem with Tron. When someone sees me playing in Sumo or something they just stare at the screen and say it's amazing and that they'd never be able to do it. The game in itself isn't very hard (coming from someone who isn't the greatest PC gamer) but it's very intimidating to new players and it's a rather large learning curve. There's not many great ways to "ease into the game" so to speak.

Plus, since most of the current players have been playing for much longer than 5 years (I'm nearing 10!) it's not like there's many new peers for them to beat up on and separate themselves from the pack. New players mostly get slaughtered by older players when they do decide to give it a shot. There's just many problems with the notion of getting new players to play the game.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Force unrecognized IP's to play in a trail version for a month. Kinda like when you start one of those games and get this question "Are you an experienced Tronner? Yes or No" If No they go to the trail version