Lucifer's status update

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Lucifer's status update

Post by Lucifer »

Since Word asked, I thought I'd answer for me. I'm still in the same position as last time. The level of support my kid needs to keep from hurting herself is quite high, but she has managed to reduce the amount of self-harm she does quite a bit. The more serious impulses are still there, but we're getting it managed, but it's a long road to recovery.

Other than that, I'm still working 6 days a week and have most of my days full of work + family obligations.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Lucifer's status update

Post by Word »

Thanks Lucifer, and good luck with all that.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I hope things improve for you Lucifer and don't feel pressured in any way to getting 0.4 finished.
Playing since December 2006
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Bump!

Ok, big changes coming for me. First, I've been mostly away from here for technological reasons. I've upgraded my tech base, so I'm using Android tablet + Android phone almost exclusively. Since there's an IDE for Android that runs on the tablet, and also a Python release that looks ok at first glance, I'm probably going to switch 100% of my personal programming to Android, leaving Arma as the only non-Android project for me. (This post is being posted from my new 10.1 inch tablet using a smaller laptop keyboard, which is tiding me over until I get a real case with a keyboard in it)

Second, there is a real possibility I'll be able to find time soon to work on Arma. See, my shop is going out of business, and that means I can collect unemployment. My wife, after a series of promotions, is in great shape at her job, and her income + unemployment should get us through the gap. Not to mention other options I may have.....

But there's a catch, as always.

Third, I'm going to first get the couple of books I've been sitting on finished, fix my website, and put effort into promoting all that. There's a serious possibility I can break free from the chains of employment and score a decent income in the process.

It's a risk, but it's one y'all have seen me take before and had it work out for awhile. So what the hell?

If you're curious about the Android programming stuff, check out AIDE and QPython. Also, kivy for ultimately building binary distributables from python sources for Android. I can pretty much guarantee the first thing i'm going to try to do is build arma in Android, heh. But I realize the Android C library is pretty much crap (it's neither glibc nor uClibc), so we'll see what happens. NOT promising an Android port, but recognizing the reality that if we had one, I would be much more likely to work on it. But if anyone is running a Git repository that mirrors the 0.4 bzr repo, I'd like the url....

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

That sounds like a generally positive post, Lucifer. I'm sorry your shop is going out of business, but I'm glad there is no bad family news; I know your daughter has been through a rough time. Hope you have a great holiday and hope to see you around here more in Spring.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Yeah, it sounds like you know exactly what you're going to do; good luck with everything.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Sounds good Lucifer (although I'm not as big a fan of Android as you seem to be). Still, hope you will soon have more time for Arma :)
Playing since December 2006
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Lucifer wrote:Not to mention other options I may have.....
Dave Garvin....