Multiple monitor tip for armagetronad on OS X

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Multiple monitor tip for armagetronad on OS X

Post by dlh »

While looking through the SDL source I noticed a neat setting for OS X user's with multiple monitors. Normally when the game is fullscreen your other monitor gets blacked out.

You can inhibit that behavior by setting the SDL_SINGLEDISPLAY environment variable:

Code: Select all

SDL_SINGLEDISPLAY=1 ./path/to/Armagetron\ Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/Armagetron\ Advanced
Now your other monitor remains visible. You can't interact with other apps when the game is fullscreen, though.
delinquent
Match Winner

Re: Multiple monitor tip for armagetronad on OS X

Post by delinquent »

That really bugs me. What's the issue with the client that causes it to freeze output on the loss of window focus?
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Not quite sure if it's what you're referring to but there's a setting in Display Settings>Screen Mode that keeps the window active when it's not the focus.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

There is a patch on here somewhere that fixes that stupid behaviour on all operating systems. try searching for sdl2
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

sdl2 is buggy in itself, I had problems with some sort of virtual multithreading.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I didnt say it fixes everything, but it fixes most of the issues tron has had for years with multimonitor setups.

Its possible its a bit buggy on OSX, but I had no issues with it on nix or windows. osx tends to be a bit goofy.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln