Steam Greenlight

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
custang
Average Program

Steam Greenlight

Post by custang »

Hey!

I was thinking to myself, why don't we greenlight AA? There are so many benefits from doing this here are some;

1. There will be more exposure which means more users for the game (globally)
2. The game can make money if the greenlight process is successful, possibly leading to more development
EDIT: As the game has always been an open source, you may not want people buying the game, which means it can still be free to play. Development could still grow with new players joining as they may have interests in coding the game for fun which leads me to point 3.
3. The game will have a larger community which means the game will grow and develop further

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I'm sure it has to some degree of expanding the game, so I thought I'd post it and see what everyone thinks about it.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/abou ... ection=faq
bring back ddl!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Steam Greenlight

Post by Clutch »

There was a thread before, but it got derailed by my ridiculous posts. Damn I was annoying
Boxed
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Clutch wrote:There was a thread before, but it got derailed by my ridiculous posts. Damn I was annoying
Must be this: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... ilit=steam
custang
Average Program

Post by custang »

hmmm

The only reason for steam greenlight was so that there was more exposure for the game, I remember 8~ years ago almost every server was full, players were everywhere... Nowadays people only play during events or using the pick-up system, you rarely see multiple servers full with players. Another thing to point out is that most players are American or European, meaning the Australian or Asian players deal with high pings due to no local servers, but with some kind of exposure (like steam greenlight) you'll see the game have more users (globally) meaning more donations, more servers full, more international servers, more input and more competition for players and events.

I mean there are other ways than just Steam, I just think the game could benefit a whole lot more with some new users.
bring back ddl!
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

The good old days, when there was a line to get into some of the more popular servers. AA on steam would probably add a pretty big influx of new players, for better or worse (not sure since its been a few years since I have been here.)

Off to catch up on what I have missed.
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!