looking for testers for sdl2 support

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
delinquent
Match Winner

Re: looking for testers for sdl2 support

Post by delinquent »

Won't drop handles in a 64bit environment (insofar as win7 is concerned). The process sits there after the UI is closed.
Can't do much on this PC right now, I've just gone through a pretty piss poor recovery from a bad boot sector.
jaunty

Post by jaunty »

Jip wrote:Before compiling, do: $ rm src/protobuf/*.pb.*
Not sure that was it. had to hard code PROTOC=/usr/loca/bin/protoc in configure
because the coded "which protoc" couldn't find "/usr/bin/which"
I finally got it compiled and running but it still complained "which not found"
a few times.

But that's not my problem now. It runs fine and I've played online
but I have no chat function. I get no chat bot and I can not see mine or others chat.

BTW I'm using armagetronad 0.4_alpha20140314.
And I'm not an actual programmer
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

**** yeah, thank you. I can finally fullscreen and not have it turn off my other monitors. Ive been bitching about that for years.

Also, compiles, installs, and runs fine on gentoo. Youll need to unmask the various sdl2 things, but they slot fine with sdl and wont interfere. I might make an ebuild for it if I get motivated.

EDIT: Is there a way to turn off the ******* minimap? Its horrible.

DOUBLE EDIT: Your branch seems to have some very odd default keys, some of which I dont have so cant remove via the ingame menus.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

To remove all bindings for an action you can press backspace when you just highlight it.
voodoo
Core Dumper

Post by voodoo »

/dev/null wrote:DOUBLE EDIT: Your branch seems to have some very odd default keys, some of which I dont have so cant remove via the ingame menus.
Yeah I know about the binding issue. Basically, sdl2 introduce important changes in the way sdl use to handle keyboard inputs in order to have better unicode support. Key codes have change and therefore, I had to change default binding (not to mention your own bindings are mostly mess up), I've probably done some mistakes trying to figure out which sdl2 keycodes replace old sdl1.2 ones. Sorry about that.

I should try to find motivation to continue and polish this branch one day... If it makes any sense to go to sdl2, it might be better to dump sdl1.2 code instead of using compiler directives to select one or the other...
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

Holyshit!SDL2workswithWayland!How_can_I_help_you_to_make_it_happen?GLshim_probably_will_be_tricky_but_still_one_step_closer_to_arma_mobile,no_April_Fools_this_time
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

You_really_should_get_that_spacebar_issue_checked_out.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I started integrating it; no real problems so far. I had looked over the code changes some weeks prior, they seemed very solid. Shame I won't be able to try out the touch controls.

What I'll do before I fully merge it:
- look at the keyboard control issues, especially with the Advanced Controls tutorial
- since you made the extra effort of keeping the source code itself SDL1.2 compatible, I'll try to rewrite the build system to be able to actually use that. Some systems we care about don't have 2.0 yet.
- winlibs. Joy! Though if the above works, that can wait a bit.

I forget... are you already in AUTHORS? If yes, under what name? If no, under what name do you want to be there?
voodoo
Core Dumper

Post by voodoo »

Yes, I'm in it (just checked): Emmanuel, cam view widget.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Z-Man wrote:I started integrating it; no real problems so far. I had looked over the code changes some weeks prior, they seemed very solid. Shame I won't be able to try out the touch controls.

What I'll do before I fully merge it:
- look at the keyboard control issues, especially with the Advanced Controls tutorial
- since you made the extra effort of keeping the source code itself SDL1.2 compatible, I'll try to rewrite the build system to be able to actually use that. Some systems we care about don't have 2.0 yet.
- winlibs. Joy! Though if the above works, that can wait a bit.

I forget... are you already in AUTHORS? If yes, under what name? If no, under what name do you want to be there?
******* thank you sir.

Also if your system still only has sdl1 its a ******* celery that deserves to die.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Made the bloody thing compile and run on Windows. Not fun. Good thing they are all pure C libraries, at least that means you can use a binary build and it'll work with just about any compiler. I upgraded our requirements to Code::Blocks 13.12 and Mingw 4.7 anyway because at some in-between point, I thought that would be necessary. It turned out it wasn't, but it is also not a bad time for such an upgrade.

Right now, winlibs is compatible with both the sdl2 branch and regular 0.4. I'll merge them really soon now. The virtual machine that will be able to produce sdl2 enabled builds for Windows and Linux is still in the works, though.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

That's good news! Thank you for the work :)