Forums Additional Mod

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Forums Additional Mod

Post by Light »

I'm not sure if this is the place, but it doesn't really seem to fit anywhere else any better, so .. I think this would have to go through Tank, which I know could take an extremely long time, but I'd like to ask anyway.

Could you have 3rd party links open up in an external tab/window? (target="_blank") It would be a bit more convenient. I'm used to middle clicking a lot, but sometimes I still hit left and end up losing the page I was paying attention to without back stepping.

Just a small request.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Forums Additional Mod

Post by sinewav »

Just get in the habit of pressing the control key when you click? Left or center clicks will open a new tab.
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Just get in the habit of pressing the control key when you click? Left or center clicks will open a new tab.
I actually am in that habit, but sometimes I make myself left click to keep focus on the new tab. When I switch between so many forums, I tend to not realize which one doesn't already force it. I'm sure for phpbb there's already a mod made for it, and it makes sense to have, so I figured I'd run it by whoever may be able to do something ..
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Why does every other website decide for me to open a new window or tab, when most browsers don't let you block it? No thanks.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Light

Post by Light »

Jonathan wrote:Why does every other website decide for me to open a new window or tab, when most browsers don't let you block it? No thanks.
Because it keeps you from being directed off-site by links from users' posts. You could also block it on any/all sites with a simple script.

Since it's the norm, what users from any other forum would be used to, it would make it more convenient to keep it similar on certain features.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

It's not that hard to remember, I even have my laptop set up for 2 finger tap, to open in new tab :)

besides there is always a back button That you can always open in a new tab
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I always right-click and pick "open new tab". My other hand is usually too busy to press control.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Light

Post by Light »

Lucifer wrote:I always right-click and pick "open new tab". My other hand is usually too busy to press control.
I always middle click links, which does the same thing. I just like the option to grab focus when I open in a new tab.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Light wrote:
Lucifer wrote:I always right-click and pick "open new tab". My other hand is usually too busy to press control.
I always middle click links, which does the same thing. I just like the option to grab focus when I open in a new tab.
Middle click is the best :)
Light

Post by Light »

takburger wrote:Middle click is the best :)
Until you use a laptop and go mad from having to right click > new tab. :P
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Light, That is why you set it to a 2 figer tap :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Write a browser extension to automatically open links in a new tab?
Light

Post by Light »

kyle wrote:Light, That is why you set it to a 2 figer tap :)
lol I don't use laptops enough to really bother. All of mine are sittin' in my closet while I got 3 desktops set up in my bedroom. :P
sinewav wrote:Write a browser extension to automatically open links in a new tab?
It would be simple, but it doesn't really bother me enough to take that 5 mins. I just thought I'd throw up the idea as it's sort of the norm when it comes to 3rd party links on sites.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:I just thought I'd throw up the idea as it's sort of the norm when it comes to 3rd party links on sites.
I've actually never seen this functionality on a forum, at least none of the two dozen forums I go to regularly. It would annoy the crap out of me actually. I'm a pretty reliable middle/ctrl-clicker.