Alpha Project | sty+ct+ap | Features

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Alpha Project | sty+ct+ap | Features

Post by LOVER$BOY »

So hello everyone.

I think I don't need to explain much about this post but if you still need one, then here goes!

The point of his post is to inform the wide global audience (ones that attend the forums on regular basis) on the works that the Alpha Project had been working with. Building from the sty+ct, we've been advancing in the style of commands and the structure of how they function. And so we landed with sty+ct+ap located at launchpad.

Oh they are the same. We're simply using much more things than what the other server versions are offering. The list of them are provided here: Alpha Project - Features.

We've also stacked up the commands that are available for use. It took some time to gather them together since the rapidity of changes we make is so quick that we sometimes lose track of them :) Anyway, the commands that we have added are found here: Alpha Project - Commands.

I know that some people are the scripting type and would likely be interesting in what additions we've added to the ladderlog. Well, it's not exactly big but it has its merits :) The events are located here: Alpha Project - Ladderlog Events.

Last but not least, we've put together the work we have done for our servers occasional. That also includes the work for Vertrex.8ing.com. It's all open source and you are free to use it. I only have one request... please reference where you got that script... I don't exactly get much credit for the work I do but at-least that tine bit of respect would really cheer me up :) All link to the free scripts is displayed at the home page.

If you have any more questions or want to make a request on the server to improve/add/change, feel free to either post here or (if your feeling shy), pm me :)

In the future I do plan on adding a donate button to my website in hopes that people would support the work I do... :)

I have also re-installed Alpha Project forums due to a request made by a couple of people. I too thought that perhaps I should use it often to post the recent updates and any further developments to come in sty+ct+ap. That is also the place for you to make requests. The link is here: Vertrex - Forums
Last edited by LOVER$BOY on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Alpha Project | sty+ct+ap | Features

Post by AI-team »

Tab completion is something that I'd love to see in the regular build

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

AI-team wrote:Tab completion is something that I'd love to see in the regular build
Well I don't think Z-Man would do it anyway.

So I'm the only guy (as far as I know) who uses sty+ct+ap client build to play in servers.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Well I don't think Z-Man would do it anyway.
It's already in the client in 0.4. I'm not sure about the server though. I think it's also in the 0.3 client, but I can't remember.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Name tabbing is, but I was talking about command tabbing

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

AI-team wrote:Name tabbing is, but I was talking about command tabbing
Ah, gotcha.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Ya. I also added that to "Con: " and "/admin" as well. The tab completion works for both commands and name completion.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

In the above post you should also see the link I've added to our forums. I'm going to start using it too since last time I had been busy with other things.

Come and chill there if you like, I'll get us a chatango soon :) It will come up as "Chat" on the above screen.

I just added the "Donate" button to the forums. Seriously I have no intentions of naming a price. So I'm leaving that option to you. So please... do help support the work we are doing :) If you got a request for us, please post it there as that's a place I will be visiting more often than here form now on.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

When I open a console in 0.4 I have command tabbing.